“Very Nice Hotel with Great Service”
Review of Ramada St. John's

Ramada St. John's
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in St. John's
St. John, New Brunswick
“Very Nice Hotel with Great Service”
Reviewed 23 July 2009

Just recently spent two nights at Ramada St. John's and I can honestly say it was a very good experience. You can tell the rooms have been recently renovated and they truly look great. I was on a family vacation and the location was ideal. Everything you could want was within the hotel or walking distance with downtown just being a short drive away. In addition the staff were very friendly and most helpful. We really enjoyed our stay here and would highly recommend it to anyone planning on staying in St. John's.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 2 July 2009

We used Hotwire to get this hotel- I wouldn't recommend Hotwire or Priceline for hotels in St. John's because you can't choose a neighborhood...you can end up with any location in the city. That being said, it is a VERY clean hotel with newly renovated rooms. The bathroom was pristine.

Location wise- it's ok if you have a car. Otherwise, it's about a $15 cab ride downtown where most of the tourist attractions are. The Metrobus ($2.25) stops outside the hotel, but service is infrequent.

Service was ok at the front desk. Through Hotwire, the hotel is prepaid, but they will swipe your credit card for a $200 hold for incidental expenses (which I thought a bit much for a three-night stay.)

This is probably a better hotel for a business trip than a vacation.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank St_Johns_Girl1
Winnipeg
Reviewed 31 December 2008

This is a very comfortable hotel. The room was average size and very clean. I particularly liked the complimentary shuttle from the airport. The front desk staff was very sincere and friendly. For anyone who likes to shop, the awesome Avalon Mall is just minutes away.

The only minor concern I had was getting to the elevators. It required walking down a long corridor past several rooms. It wasn't a big deal though because there were stairs that take you to the second floor in the lobby, but it might be a concern with someone having mobility issues. Though I would think they'd put you in a closer room if that was the case.

All in all, it was a good refreshing stay and I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — It's proximity to the airport
  • Disliked — Getting to the elevators
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
newfoundlanda0p 1c0
Reviewed 7 June 2008

dark and dingy corridors. elevator worked (most of the time). small bathroom - average size room (very basic). Bed was comfortable. Dining
(?) - average service and below average food Front desk helpful.

St John's was packed that week (conventions) but Ramada had space.

Not worth the rate - emergencies only on this one folks

• Liked — comfortable bed
  • Disliked — room/dining
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank g85-g08
loandbehold, General Manager at Ramada St. John's, responded to this review, 9 April 2009
We value the feedback provided by all our guests and respond by thanking everyone for their business and invite them to return again. We consistently receive great reviews and are very pleased to welcome our guests back time and time again as well as introducing ourselves to guests visiting our property for the first time.
A number of guests provide very positive and specifc feedback in regards to how much they like our over-sized standard guestrooms and the excellent food and service provided by our restaurant, PJ Billingtons.
Most recently we have outfitted our entire property with energy efficient light bulbs while at the same time increasing the wattage of all our public areas including the hotel corridors.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Ramada St. John's and guarantee that your stay will be comfortable and most enjoyable.
Newfoundland
Reviewed 17 December 2007

Ramada is the hotel that I have been staying at for the past 3 years whenever I go to St. John's for anything work related or personal related - Usually everything about the place is fantasitc however during my last stay in June I was less than impressed with the service I received from the front desk check in person (had mixed up my reservation and told me that the type of room I had originally requested was not available than tried to get me to pay more for an effic. unit as my group discount couldn't be used for that type or room) and another staff person I encountered was very rude.
I can't say enough good things about the renovations, resturant, cleanliness, of this hotel however all that needs to backed up by good service.

• Liked — Quality of accommodations
  • Disliked — Service
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank crystalnl
NL
Reviewed 24 August 2005

Just recently stayed at the Hotel St. John's and it was great. The rooms have been recently renovated and they look great - big, clean, nice and new! The staff was fantastic too! Location was not downtown but in this city it takes no time to get anywhere. My room also had a kitchen area which was super convenient. I really liked my stay there!

• Stayed August 2005