“So far I am very impressed.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Memorial University of Newfoundland

Memorial University of Newfoundland
Ranked #30 of 91 things to do in St. John's
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in 1925, this university offers undergraduate and graduate degrees to thousands of students each year.
Beamsville, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“So far I am very impressed.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Daughter started there this week. In the months leading up to this we received personal calls from the staff ensuring that we were comfortable with things and sirting out any questions. University of Ottawa never did this for my son! Memorial has been welcoming, personal and friendly. Even the three lovely maintenance personal I met in the parking lot on residence move in day were very helpful, with many tips on a variety of things o see and do. The residence welcoming activities were very well run, although I understand the general school orientation has been a bit weak and poorly organized. Food is excellent, with a new unlimited mealplan, that means you dont have to del with a blessed card with. Dollar balance that needs topping up by November. Daughter says food is good too! ( this from a picky teenager is a good recommendation !)
St. john's is a lovely city, with of the most welcoming people you would ever want to meet. To those of you that say the buildings are run down...my daughters room is far better than mine was at McMaster 30 years ago, in a then fairly new building. I think you go to school for the education not the buildings anyway. Sorry but I would rather they put money into excellent academic staff and research programs so that the education is current and top notch. In foggy sea air exterior maintenance is an ongoing concern throughout the east cost. If you need an ivory tower full of stuffed shirts, please don't come here.

Visited September 2013
5 Thank Liz Y

Truro NS
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“As good as a University can get.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Daughter stayed in Residence for week - clean, well maintained, lots of amenities, city buses can get you anywhere from there, close to Avalon Mall. Overall - what was expected for a university residence.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank doanster
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Nursing degree”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

I completed my Nursing degree at MUN, currently working as a casual employee with Eastern Health. MUN nursing program certainly prepared me for the job, no regrets, and a much better price than anywhere else in Canada. I did my Nursing degree at the MUN Corner Brook campus which was nice because the class size was very small. I got to know everyone in my class and I also forged a close relationship with my professors. It was an amazing 4 years and I would certainly recommend it to others who were looking to do a Nursing degree.

2 Thank Amandawoodman
Victoria, Canada
106 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 167 helpful votes
“Its a University”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

MUN is a university, that's all. I can't imagine anything that a visitor would want to,see here unless the visitor had a personal reason. The grounds are not particularly attractive, the architecture is eclectic and boring, there is little vegetation, and the students are just students like any other students.

Visited April 2013
Nova Scotia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great University”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

We first visited in Seot 2009, our oldest was attending MUN. It's a winderful school and a nice campus, conveniently located for the students to get around. We now have 2 kids attending and they both love Memorial and st. John's. For the parents, you will love the tuition prices!

Visited April 2012