All reviews water slides coffee maker the ground floor signal hill airport downtown st canada microwave washroom
Reviewed 12 August 2018

My wife and I drove over 50,00 KM’s in the past 12 months and stayed at more than 75 hotels/motels. This hotel is conveniently located a few minutes from downtown St John’s and has very nice rooms with a good view of Signal Hill. It also has a nice lounge area, good restaurant, exceptional pool area/fitness Centre and outstanding rooms. Breakfast was excellent and promptly served. I work while on the road and found it very easy to work in this hotel. Many thanks to Rose, Katlan, Dennis, Vince and all the staff for their excellent service. We enjoyed our stay and recommend Holiday Inn St John’s. We plan to stay here again on our next trip to Newfoundland.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

This is a special Holiday Inn. 5 minutes from the airport it offers more than expectation. A swimming pool. Luxurious rooms. Air conditioning. Great choice of breakfast. Great Newfie welcome. After a 14 hour journey this hotel was far more than we had expected and will definitely be returning here. Dave and Jackie

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Norma J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Johns, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Hello Dave & Jackie,

So happy to hear you had a wonderful experience with us. We strive to make everyone feel welcome, and we are delighted that you let us know!

We look forward to welcoming you back with us in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Obviously not all Holiday Inns are created equal. This was an unpleasant blast from the past! This hotel is obviously stuck in 1965, as demonstrated by the lack of upgrading, refurbishing, renovations, and simple repairs. This hotel is old in every sense - carpets, design, furnishings - even the crappy towels and waaaaay overused sheets - all from circa 1965. Unfortunately the attitude of the staff was also from the era before customer service was discovered. Absolutely nothing good to say about this hotel - and even the locals looked at me strangely when I shared where I was staying. They know, and now so do I. Never again at this hotel - it's an embarrassment to Holiday Inn!

Room Tip: Any other hotel would be better than this one!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2018

I registered as a senior and suppose to be got a seniors rate but by early the next morning I found that our room was next to the delivery dock and the garbage pickup. The back up beeping and the clanking of the garbage bin awoke us at 5:00 AM, not happy.
They had no food service but could order form Eastside Marios next door for $15.00.
Basicly I felt that this was a shameful way of treating a senior. I will not use the Holliday Inn again.

Room Tip: no comment
Reviewed 11 July 2018

We enjoyed the Holiday Inn on Portugal Cove Rd. It is easily accessible to the airport, the downtown, and the outskirt areas where the Costco, Best Buy, and mall are located. The hotel is very clean and staff are courteous. The only problem we encountered was the internet. The connections in the rooms are not good. We mentioned it to the desk clerk and she responded that the staff were looking into the matter. Otherwise it was a good stop - good value!