Contrary to most posters, I did not find my recent stay at 'Leaside Manor' to be anything out of the ordinary. We chose 'Leaside' for its location - more for a nearby wedding than its proximity to downtown St. John's. Given the abysmal parking in the downtown area, a 30 - 40 minute walk is no hardship (on the 3 occasions we walked to the downtown area, we saw 1 bus on this route). Our room, seemingly the smallest, was generally cold during the evening and the night, as evidenced by the heavy condensation on the inside of the window. Breakfast was a matter of eating what had been prepared that morning - as such, on three mornings, I enjoyed coffee and toast (I know, my choice).
During a previous, extended stay in St. John's, we had stayed at an 'all-suites' hotel at the base of Signal Hill. Upon reflection, this might have been the better option for our more recent stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Leaside Manor is St. John's most popular small inn/B&B, offering romantic, double tub suites with fireplaces; fully-furnished executive apartments; unique meeting facilities with catered meals - all within a 5 minute drive of the downtown. An owner-hosted facility, Leaside offers a full cooked breakfast served in your suite; free wireless, parking; trip planning assistance. Leaside provides all the amenities of a hotel while giving you the personalized attention that only a small inn can offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Leaside Suites and Executive Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leaside Manor Heritage Hotel St. John`s
- Leaside Suites And Executive Apartments Newfoundland, Canada