“Great facility”

Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in St. John's
Oakville, Canada
“Great facility”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have stayed here many times when doing business in the city. While the facility requires and is receiving a facelift it's staff and location make up the difference. From the front desk to the room attendants, you always get a smile and a no hassle response to any request. Besides, they also offer Tetley in the rooms. Would recommend anyone stay there and can't wait to see once the renovations are finished. BTW I have never had a noisy room and have stayed in every part over the years.

Room Tip: Get a harbor view. Will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Upon arrival to our room we discovered hair in our tub and sink. The room-keepers not once made our bed during the full weekend, the only thing they did was replace our towels. The restaurant service was TERRIBLE, the waitresses were either too busy complaining about the overtime they were working or they were so inexperienced that they couldn't handle 6 tables between the three of them. We waited 20 minutes for a bottle of ketchup before having to ask, we were never checked on to see if we needed anything else to drink or dessert. some people were waiting so long for their food that they just gotten up and left. I waited 10 minutes to be seated one day before leaving and there was only one table occupied. I ordered a pizza another night and was informed that the delivery guy was not allowed to walk through the building, after explaining I was alone with my child who was sleeping, I was told to get the bellman to bring it up would be a $2 charge. The parking situation was terrible..My sister and husband were staying the night as well and paid $12 for parking but had no where to park, after a huge confrontation the manager gave up her parking for them but they were told if they moved there was no way to guarantee they would be safe to park again ( i don't know how they can charge you if they can't guarantee a spot?!)
The whole weekend was so stressful with the Delta Hotel, I will never recommend nor stay there again. If you are looking for a relaxing, stress free weekend, the Delta hotel is not your choice

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Traveler8679
deltanl, Manager at Delta St. John's Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for posting a review of the Delta St. John's following your recent stay, and certainly we regret that your stay was less than favourable. Contacting us directly at any time during your stay or following is preferable for resolving matter such as these. All we can do is apologize as we have no particulars regarding your stay information. I can only assume that you stayed with us on a Mile One event night causing parking issues. We are working with the operators of our underground lot to ensure there is always parking for our overnight guests. After 11pm, it is our policy to only allow registered guests on the floors, and this is for the security of all our guests, which is why delivery drivers are not permitted. We offer the option of accepting the delivery item in the lobby, or incurring a very small charge to have it delivered by one of our team.
St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

My spouse and I stayed at the hotel over the weekend. Our stay was wonderful! Upon arrival we were informed our room wasn't ready. Normally this would be a problem, however the gentleman at the desk went out of his way to make sure we were accommodated in another room immediately and that this new room fit our needs. He also went another step by giving us both a Classic Breakfast voucher for the hotels restaurant for the next morning!
We were very impressed by the comfort of our room and the view of St. John's Harbor was beautiful! After a great nights sleep we went to breakfast in the morning at Quinn's (the hotels restaurant) which was very convenient since we didn't need to leave the hotel. Our breakfast was absolutely delectable. All the staff in the restaurant were very friendly and we were well taken care of!
All in all you could tell that all the Delta's team throughout the Hotel work very hard to give the best customer service possible. I would highly recommend anyone to stay at the Delta!

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors and facing the harbor have a better view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Krystal H
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Great facility and adjacent to Cabot bldgs. Quiet and well laid out facility with nice room and no musty smells as in some hotels. Huge rooms and TV has nice selection including pay per view movies. Late checkout policy recently had changed but staff were accommodating. Just one dollar over Gov allowable rate but funds saved in taxies more than make it an easy business case. Staff very friendly. Only issue I had was that ice machine on 7th floor was not working. Room also had empty mini fridge but no coffee machine noticed. Great stay, I wish I could have stayed longer. Tks Delta

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Marc C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at the hotel lastnight, the room was wrong but jackie at the desk quickly fixed that. We enjoyed a few drinks from the great bartenders. And then had the most amazing new York strip in many years. The servers were quick with our drinks and the supper was only a wait of 7 mins top. The only thing we didn't eat was the plate. After that we enjoyed a well played ice caps game which you can easily access from a hall through the hotel so that you don't have to go outside. Back to the bar after and a lovely lady "Princess" served us drinks until the bar closed. The best service in town for sure. We enjoyed ourselves very much. Thanks to all, keep up the good work

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank krystalgo
deltanl, Manager at Delta St. John's Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Delta St. John's following your recent stay and for your very kind comments about our team and products and services. We are indeed conveniently located as it relates to attending hockey games or concerts at Mile One Centre. And I have to agree about the striploin steak. It is my favourite as well, and never fails to disappoint. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed for 4 nights at the end of February at this hotel. The rooms were nice (great view of the harbour) and clean, however the hotel is in need of a refresh. I am a Delta Platinum member and have been to many Deltas across the country, this location is outdated compared to the renovated locations that have the Mode room concept.

That being said, the hotel staff do an excellent job with what they have. The rooms were clean and the signature club lounge had a great selection of snacks. There were limited drinks in the off hours, only coffee and tea, where other signature lounges offer soft drinks at anytime of day. Delta should really standardize the signature lounge offerings, as I never know what to expect with some offering variations of snacks, hot foods, alcoholic beverages, drinks etc.

The hotel is close to downtown and many restaurants, if you can avoid the restaurant downstairs (Mickey Quinn's) there are many better options within walking distance or a short drive away (street parking is free after 6pm).

Overall I had a good stay, only things that I was not 100% satisfied with was that the hot tub was out of service the night I went to the pool, there was no welcome snack in my room as a Delta Platinum member, the phones (both of them) in my room had static background noise (distracting when you are making business calls), internet was slow (pauses with streaming video) and Delta privilege desk was not staffed so I had a longer check-out than anticipated. These are just minor picky details, overall good relaxing stay.

The hotel staff, including the signature lounge attendant and In-room dining were super friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good and in-room dining of snacks such as wings, fruit etc. was good, just not the entrée courses. I usually have room service every night when I travel for business solo and stay at Delta, the food at this location is not up to the standard I expect from Delta in-room dining.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DeeDeeAnnie
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Delta St. John's Hotel. Our hotel will be undergoing a complete renovation beginning later this year. We look forward to unveiling our new look. Our Signature Club lounge offers good value in terms of quanity and quality of food. Delta will be reviewing brand standards in this area. We are not able to address the issue with the phones in your room unless we have the room # you stayed in.
I aplogize that you did not receive your welcome snack. Perhaps the team thought you were choosing the aeroplan points option. You can update your preference on the Delta Hotels website under your profile.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

I wrote a review yesterday on another hotel that I consider one of my "go-to" hotels when traveling on business. You know, the kind of hotel that you know is going to NOT screw things up and treat you right.

Delta Hotels, as a hotel chain, fit that description no matter where your business takes you.

This time around, I was staying at Delta St John's Hotel and Convention Center. This is probably THE hotel to stay at in Saint John's and not just because it's so centrally located to wherever you need.

When I showed up, the concierge plucked my baggage from the cab before I'd even paid the cabbie and checkin was a breeze.

The rooms are spacious and comfortable and the most notable feature is the bed. All Delta beds are so incredibly comfortable, you will sleep well even if its the first night of a business trip.

On site amenities like bar and restaurant are very nice and the business center is complimentary and fully equipped to allow you to print out your documents and boarding passes for the next leg of your journey.

The thing I value most with this particular Delta is the security. It is a downtown hotel with many entrances and exits so anything can happen. Everything is well monitored by hotel security but guest floors can only be accessed with your room-card after business hours. So, without your card, the elevator just sits there. You will feel safe and secure in this downtown oasis.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business