“St John's must do!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Iceberg Quest Ocean Tours

Iceberg Quest Ocean Tours
Ranked #1 of 17 Tours in St. John's
More attraction details
Owner description: Join Newfoundland's award-winning boat tour Iceberg Quest as we depart from the heart of downtown St. John's. Walking distance from hotels and B&B's, our two hour fully narrated tour lets you experience Cape Spear, Cabot Tower, and Fort Amherst from the sea. Witness the world's largest concentration of humpback whales, watching as they thrust their massive 40 ton bodies into the air. Show times may vary! Steam through the passageway of 12,000 year old icebergs and view the elegant Atlantic Puffin. Both entertaining and educational, our narrated tour is fun for the whole family. Private charters and special packages available. Departing daily at 9:30am, 1:00pm, 4:00pm and 7:00pm, our tours offer traditional music, snacks and full bar service, and 'screech-ins'. We invite you to "Step aboard. Experience the WONDER!"
St John's
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“St John's must do!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Amazing as always! Been on Iceberg Quest tours now several times, had my first time this year last night (June 15) on the 7pm run. Wonderful as always! Dress for it, it is Newfoundland people and you are on the Atlantic with a cold sea breeze, you don't want to end up sitting in the cabin for warmth and miss all the excitement but those in the office will warn you of that! But it's definitely a sight to see all the icebergs and whales and Iceberg Quest is who to choose!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a ride! Incredible!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our group was in St. John's for a 3 day conference and had very little time to experience everything there is to see and do in this wonderful city BUT we did manage to steal away to the harbour and booked the 2 hour Iceberg Quest boat tour. Wow! Life changing, really. We were entertained the entire time by local musicians on board ;the crew were all informative, funny and fun! We learned so much about the area and the icebergs blew our minds - I took frantic photos and got a full history lesson about them. We were a bit early in the season for the whales but crew member, Walter, showed us video from his personal phone of the whales jumping last summer - amazing! If you are ever in St. John's you MUST do this tour. BIG thanks to Walter, Darryl and the other crew members who made this one of the best attractions I've ever been to ANYWHERE.

Ottawa, Canada
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Iceberg Quest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

My son and I just returned from our first visit to Newfoundland. We had a wonderful visit and a first rate ocean tour with this company. It appears to be family run, and everyone was so very accommodating. By everyone I mean the staff in the office, and on the ship. They went so far as to haul in a piece of the iceberg that had broken off from the big one and everyone had a chance at tasting it after they broke it down. It was a once in a lifetime experience.

Stratford
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Had an amazing time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We took the Iceberg Quest tour on Friday and had a totally amazing time. The iceberg was beautiful to see up close. The water was a little rough, but I had no difficulty with my sealegs. I would strongly recommend taking a warm coat out there, even if it seems warm on land.

The crew were awesome and very handsome (especially Ryan).. lol. My husband and I got "screeched in" and are honorary Newfoundlanders now.

Highly recommend this tour, totally worth the price and lots of laughs... Thanks so much.

Richard and Kim Branson, Stratford, Ontario

1 Thank Kim B
St. John's, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Everything it should be!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

My girlfriend and I had an excellent time! Carol Anne and the crew made sure everyone was entertained, and Captain Barry is well-spoken and (most importantly) a very able mariner. It got a little chilly out on the water, but we were amply advised and dressed for the occasion. There was some great live music, a little trivia about the coastline around St. John's, and a very nice air of camaraderie on the boat. Once the capelin roll and the whales are out, I'm sure it would be an even better time. Iceberg Quest is a fine option for a fun few hours on the water :-)

Visited May 2014