“A must! Brilliant trip all round!”

Iceberg Quest Ocean Tours
Ranked #1 of 20 Tours in St. John's
More attraction details
Owner description: Join Newfoundland's award-winning boat tour Iceberg Quest as we depart from the heart of downtown St. John's. Walking distance from hotels and B&B's, our two hour fully narrated tour lets you experience Cape Spear, Cabot Tower, and Fort Amherst from the sea. Witness the world's largest concentration of humpback whales, watching as they thrust their massive 40 ton bodies into the air. Show times may vary! Steam through the passageway of 12,000 year old icebergs and view the elegant Atlantic Puffin. Both entertaining and educational, our narrated tour is fun for the whole family. Private charters and special packages available. Departing daily at 9:30am, 1:00pm, 4:00pm and 7:00pm, our tours offer traditional music, snacks and full bar service, and 'screech-ins'. We invite you to "Step aboard. Experience the WONDER!"
Stavanger, Norway
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A must! Brilliant trip all round!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent trip, my daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed every moment. The crew were so friendly and very professional.

St. John's, Canada
“'berg and whale "tail" June 16 2014”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This was the best day drip ever!
the ships crew were fantastic and the boat rocked!! literally rocked also made me realize how much I missed being on the sea! (I grew up on the south coast of the island and all my family are fisher men)
there were laughs and screech in's and lotsa newfie music.
I would go do the tour again and again.... the icebergs were massive and to get as close as safely possible was wicked and the whales that came to play was just awesome.
I would recommend all to try this at least once .....a year for sure
Thumbs up to the crew of the ICEBERG QUEST!!!

Singapore, Singapore
“Newfoundland Hospitality on board and on land!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I was attending a conference in St John's a got an opportunity to jump on board the iceberg quest tours. The 2 hours was remarkable...especially when you wanna see the icebergs upclose and personal. The entire crew was amazingly hospitable. A true reflection of the Newfoundland spirit! The iceberg refreshments on board are a must try.
What was more amazing was that I met the lady captain during a hiking trail taking photos of the icebergs on my last day in Newfoundland (Battery to Signal Hill trail - another must do). She extended the same Newfoundland hospitality to me on land and brought be to a fantastic breakfast place (Marcie-Joe's) and dropped me off at the hotel so that I could pack in time to catch my flight. As one of the locals would say..."there is no coincidence in Newfoundland...it is the hand of God reaching out through the mist of time."
Edwin (Singapore)

Quispamsis, Canada
“Sunny icebergs and humpbacks”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Very entertaining Captain, exceptionally helpful staff running around taking photos with your camera for you - amazing! Of course the icebergs were spectacular and the extra treat was the four or five humpback whales who followed us around and put on a show!!! We got some great breaching photos, including a great tail fin display. The swells were small and the sun was even out the day we headed out. Thanks so much for this great experience. Very competent and friendly crew - would recommend highly!

St John's
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“St John's must do!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Amazing as always! Been on Iceberg Quest tours now several times, had my first time this year last night (June 15) on the 7pm run. Wonderful as always! Dress for it, it is Newfoundland people and you are on the Atlantic with a cold sea breeze, you don't want to end up sitting in the cabin for warmth and miss all the excitement but those in the office will warn you of that! But it's definitely a sight to see all the icebergs and whales and Iceberg Quest is who to choose!