“Good for a sandwich”

Rocket Bakery and Fresh Food
Ranked #4 of 374 Restaurants in St. John's
Price range: US$2 - US$23
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Rocket Bakery & Fresh Food offers scrumptious, made-from-scratch handmade breads, desserts, prepared hot and cold specialties, excellent coffee and food-lover groceries in a warm, casual, heritage space at 272 Water Street in downtown St. John's. Try our no-flour-added soups, salads and desserts, too!
Edmonton, Canada
“Good for a sandwich”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

This was very close to where we stayed. We took dinner home on evening. It is a sandwich, coffee and bakery. I had egg salad and my husband had a chicken pie. It is good not outstanding. The service is good and it has a lot of available seating to hang out and have a coffee. The first night we were in town we stopped there to get pop etc. There are many restaurants in downtown to eat at. I would not recommend this unless you just want a coffee and sandwich.

Visited May 2014

• Korean first
“Great atmosphere, great goods”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Have had breakfast at the Rocket several times, never disappointed, and never leave hungry. Everything they bake there is a hit with my family, and any time I want to impress I just bring a box of goodies from the Rocket

• Visited April 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Rocket Bakery”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

A nice bakery for breakfast and/or coffee. Well designed and good atmosphere. If I have a chance, I will come back

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank M.A. J
Torbay, Canada
“The breakfast croissant calls my name!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Once or twice a month my drive to work takes me along Water Street, right in front of Rocket Bakery where I know there is a breakfast croissant just waiting for me to gobble it up! It's become my latest indulgence. I know my doctor would not approve. It involves a luscious buttery croissant, a fried egg, bacon and cheese. And while I'm waiting to be served, I drool over the selection of fresh breads, pastries and cookies. They have an awesome breakfast burrito that is probably a more heart-healthy option, but it is the croissant sandwich that has drawn me in after all and I will not be fickle! Luckily I'm going along Water Street early enough that parking has not yet become a hassle. And the folks serving at Rocket are as friendly as they come.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Janet_753
“Very cool, great coffee”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

During a week in St John's this was the best coffee place we found. Very cool decor, delicious and fast food. Great coffee. Only complaint is that the coffee bar is quite slow.

Visited May 2014