“Great food, atmosphere and locsl ingredients”

Rocket Bakery and Fresh Food
Ranked #6 of 381 Restaurants in St. John's
Price range: US$2 - US$24
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: Rocket Bakery & Fresh Food offers scrumptious, made-from-scratch handmade breads, desserts, prepared hot and cold specialties, excellent coffee and food-lover groceries in a warm, casual, heritage space at 272 Water Street in downtown St. John's. Try our no-flour-added soups, salads and desserts, too!
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This groovy café and bakery serves great lunches (my pulled pork danish was fabulous) and baked goods, gourmet coffee and cool cooking items. Don't miss this place for a yummy lunch on the main!

There are newer reviews for Rocket Bakery and Fresh Food

Reviewed 13 July 2014

As the trip organizer, we had one member with severe gluten allergies and finding gluten free places was tricky. This bakery not only had edible gluten free bread but the best ever gluten free chocolate chip cookies!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Rocket is fabulous! All-day cafe, with food specialities of pulled pork turnovers, and salt cod fishcakes. We had both, and they were gorgeous! Salads are hearty and healthy. Cakes looked lovely (we had no room for one!), and their coffee is spot-on.

The vibe is relaxed, cheery, off-beat. They have a great range of eco-friendly goodies; foods and things, and I found single-estate coffee bean lip balm, of all things. I bought three - they're fab!

Love Rocket. We were only in St Johns for 4 nights but kept coming back here because we loved it.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were in SJ for only five days and we visited here three times. Live music Saturday night. Desserts were great. Coffee wonderful. The atmosphere is very relaxing and there is tons of room.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I love this place. Absolutely love it.
Such an excellent concept; the decor is bright & cheerful, REAL food done up the right way - fresh bread, real sauces, unprocessed. Their daily sandwiches are fabulous - they always have something new and creative (the best I've had was a combo of roast ham, pureed peas, pickled onions and Havarti I think, so so good). I cannot say enough good things about this place. It is a little pricey, but hey its totally worth ever $ in my opinion.

Perfect for lunches and coffee.

Go and try it if you haven't!