“OMG I WISH WE HAD ONE IN TORONTO - WOULD BE THERE ALL THE TIME”

Rocket Bakery and Fresh Food
Ranked #5 of 384 Restaurants in St. John's
Price range: US$2 - US$24
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: Rocket Bakery & Fresh Food offers scrumptious, made-from-scratch handmade breads, desserts, prepared hot and cold specialties, excellent coffee and food-lover groceries in a warm, casual, heritage space at 272 Water Street in downtown St. John's. Try our no-flour-added soups, salads and desserts, too!
Reviewed 15 July 2014

From breakfast to lunch, to packing a lunch for a hike - we were there all the time. Amazing desserts, and foccacia breads, wraps and sandwiches, different and healthy salads, amazing cappuccinos, and all served by friendly people and fast service. A well organized and thought out operation. A little pricey, but worth eating fresh and healthy and different options with great service. Keep up the great work by all - thank you Rocket for an amazing experience. Miss you

Reviewed 14 July 2014

What a great plea to recover from a night on George Street! Great coffee - the best I have had. Pastries are awesome and the breakfast choices hit the spot. I cringe when seeing those who are able sit in the window on the pillows with the short table!! :-)

Reviewed 14 July 2014

A popular local spot that serves delicious bakery, the almond croissant is delicious and so is the soup. As i was lining up, a customer told me that their peanut butter and chocolate baguette is also good. I don’t drink coffee but their coffee is very popular. The fish cake is also very good, I only had 1 and I wish I bought more. I have already recommended this bakery to a couple I met in Rocky Harbour, so I'm recommending it to you.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This groovy café and bakery serves great lunches (my pulled pork danish was fabulous) and baked goods, gourmet coffee and cool cooking items. Don't miss this place for a yummy lunch on the main!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

As the trip organizer, we had one member with severe gluten allergies and finding gluten free places was tricky. This bakery not only had edible gluten free bread but the best ever gluten free chocolate chip cookies!