“Get your baking in here before you leave St. Johns in fact take some with you -good baking is scarce outside the city”

Rocket Bakery and Fresh Food
Ranked #5 of 390 Restaurants in St. John's
Price range: US$2 - US$24
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: Rocket Bakery & Fresh Food offers scrumptious, made-from-scratch handmade breads, desserts, prepared hot and cold specialties, excellent coffee and food-lover groceries in a warm, casual, heritage space at 272 Water Street in downtown St. John's. Try our no-flour-added soups, salads and desserts, too!
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Salads, soup, good coffee, George Street festival stars sitting next to you...what more could you want...the atmosphere is soothing as well

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Delicious food, great coffee...
I have to get the recipe for the kale salad!!
Excellent service, friendly atmosphere. Highly recommended for breakfast coffee or lunch.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

It's a VERY good bakery, don't get me wrong. Tremendous pulled pork turnover, and there's a buzzing atmosphere - plenty of great souvenirs...

The ordering process is a little annoying, if I'm honest. Maybe I'm being too harsh and I caught them on an off-day. There was a wedding in one half of the place and it was jam packed, to be fair. Perhaps testament to how adored the place is. I was left underwhelmed by the service and experience.

Can't really fault the food though, if you're after a decent lunch.

I'd say, if you look in and it's not busy, go for it. If it's rammed, give it a while to clear out and come back.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stumbled upon this gem during a quick visit to St. John's while wandering downtown. We shared a lemon meringue tart and a pecan tart as well as a mocha and cappuccino.

The bakery is adorable and the service was quick and friendly. We initially chose to take our treats to go but after seeing the attached cafe area we decided to stay. There is free wi-fi and excellent people watching, as well as a few tables outdoors to enjoy. Had I discovered this place earlier I would have visited for breakfast, lunch and many snacks and coffees in between. Yum!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

The coffee is amazing! And the food is equally so. The price is typical for downtown, but the quality is above anything else I have tried down there. The layout and payment part is confusing sometimes. And, they recently moved their coffee stand, but left the menu down where it used to be. I haven't been back to see if they moved it since, but I would hope they have. Either way, well worth a visit.

1  Thank Lejopi