“The best in St. John's” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 371 Restaurants in St. John's
Price range: US$1 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Rocket Bakery & Fresh Food offers scrumptious, made-from-scratch handmade breads, desserts, prepared hot and cold specialties, excellent coffee and food-lover groceries in a warm, casual, heritage space at 272 Water Street in downtown St. John's. Try our no-flour-added soups, salads and desserts, too!
Houston, Texas
“The best in St. John's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

This is café is well worth visiting. We ate here for breakfast (every day), lunch (every day) and dinner (twice) during our weeks stay.
I can not fault the simple service and food at all. It was all fresh, well presented and very good value. I tried everything on the menu. The daily sandwich special was excellent every day (if you prefer you can make your own sandwich). The salads, sweets, cakes and breads were very very good. I very seriously recommend this cafe/bakery on your visit to St. John's.

Paradise
“YUMMY desserts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Fantastic atmosphere the desserts are amazing and the beverages are so tasty. Can't say enough good things. A must go!

Belleville, Canada
“A true gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

We came into St. John's a week ago and stopped a stranger on the street, asked her where we could get a decent local meal. Her response was enthusiastic, you must stop at the Rocket! We searched it out and instantly knew we were not only in for a good meal but also a charming experience.
We are heading back to Belleville, ontario tomorrow but plan on our 4th visit today before we leave. We even bought a mug and a T-shirt. As an extra tidbit, even the t-shirt is of excellent quality and boasts a super cool logo
You gotta eat here!!

1 Thank Hollyf_4
Kitchener, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent staff and management”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Being a self-confessed foodie, I frequently use tripadvisor to get an idea of popular restaurants to try as I travel the world. I, my family and friends have been visiting the Rocket Bakery before their reputation sky rocketed. We love their homemade food, breads and coffees. Equally important is their wonderful location and ambiance. During my regular visits back home to see my parents in Newfoundand, I make it a point to come here at least once or twice. On my most recent visit, the usual excellent service was slightly disappointing. I decided to drop a feedback email from their website. I was pleasantly greeted with a quick and warm response from Kelly, who encouraged us to return for a treat on her. She was extremely sincere and it was obvious she valued (and used) the feedback. I never expect a restaurant to get it perfect all the time, but seeing how this restaurant is truly committed to trying to be perfect all the time, makes this one of my standouts places to dine.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank sujaypatel
Calgary, Canada
“Nice cafe.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is a busy cafe that serves sandwiches and baked goods. There are some other hot meals as well. You line up to get everything and the ordering process is somewhat confusing because of the two lines. We got two sandwiches which were good and made with fresh ingredients. The cake and trifle were also good. Nothing outstanding about them, but better than average for cafe style food. We also got their homemake kombucha. This was very good and I'd recommend it.

What's nice about this place is that it is fresh, homemade food. The sandwiches were not deli meat, but appeared to be made with fresh roast chicken and beef. I assume the bread was also homemade there. So, in terms of that, it's a great place to get lunch because it's real food and not overly processed.

It's really busy though. So if you're not a fan of super busy loud places, this might not be for you. And it is just a cafe... it's not comparable to a sit down restaurant at all or gourmet or anything like that. Service was good for us. We were there for a late lunch.

• 3 of 5 bubbles