Murray Premises Hotel
Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland(St. John's)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$121
US$222
US$208
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Airport(St. John's)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$107
Ramada St. John's(St. John's)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$98
US$121
US$117
US$145
US$113
Super 8 St Johns(St. John's)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$99
US$158
US$152
Courtyard by Marriott St. John's Newfoundland(St. John's)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$159
Orbitz.com
JAG(St. John's)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$169
  • Restaurant
All reviewsexposed beamstowel warmergeorge streetelectric fireplacehistoric buildingjacuzzi tubwater streetcontinental breakfastcookie cutterboutique hoteldowntown stfree parkinghard boiled eggslarge bathroomthird floorbars and restaurantsbagels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I had the pleasure of spending 4 days for a management meeting at the Murray Premises Hotel. There were 12 of us from across the country and each of us had our own rooms. Each room was unique, fabulous and large. The morning continental breakfast was fresh with plenty of food. The hotel staff went above and beyond to make sure that both individually and collectively we were taken care of. The hotel is located to all the great shops and restaurants. This was my first time to St. Johns but it will definitely not be my last.

Gerald- Ontario

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Kelly F, General Manager at Murray Premises Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting these wonderful comments about Murray Premises Hotel, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the lovely comments on our staff, I'll be sure to pass it on to them. I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast, guests certainly seem to enjoy our fresh fruit and fresh scones and muffins delivered daily by a local bakery, along with our other menu items.
Hopefully your travels will take you back to St. John's soon and another visit to Murray Premises Hotel.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Work brought me to St. John's for the most part of 4 months, and the entire time I stayed at the Murray Premises. The Murray has a very home-like feel that you won't find at any other hotel, especially the big chains. The old wooden beams and architecture make it unique and cozy, and every room has its own character. I found the accommodations suited my needs quite well, especially for the long stay. The location is excellent, right in the heart of downtown and insanely close to the best places to eat. Its just a few steps from Water Street and George Street, with the waterfront on the other side. The staff was friendly and tended to my needs, especially Nikki Poole (Special Arrangements Manager). I will definitely return to St. John's for fun one day, and I will only be staying here.

Room Tip: Talk to the Special Arrangements Manager for your stay! There are a variety of rooms, all with different attributes. Just say what you need!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Kelly F, General Manager at Murray Premises Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments and your business. It's been great having you stay with us for the past 4 months, we are delighted you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel. Hopefully you'll have the opportunity to find your way back to St. John's in the near future, we look forward to welcoming you back with us.
Regards

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Book with confidence for a fantastic St.John's experience - whether for personal or business.

The Murray Premises Hotel is a quiet, quaint home away from home, located literally steps from great local culture and sight-seeing. (Not to mention those infamous George St watering holes). The hotel was a great fit for our company meetings, and all of us were impressed by its warm and welcoming staff.

Their guest rooms are unique - no two the same - typically featuring exposed brick, wooden posts/beams, and impressive showers. You'd be hard-pressed to find a boutique hotel in Canada with a larger average room size. Kudos to the cleaning staff for keeping those big rooms spotless.

If you're considering booking this hotel for personal or business purposes, you won't find a more convenient, accommodating, comfortable hotel than the Murray Premises.

Bravo to hotel manager Nikki Poole for her help this week.

1  Thank SteveClarkeTMG

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I'm delighted your stay went well, thank you for noting our staff, especially our housekeeping staff and Nikki, I'll be sure to pass along your comments to them.
We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I've had the pleasure of hosting a small, Canada wide conference, (13 people) with this hotel this week. The sales manager - Nikki Poole is one awesome lady. She went out of her way to see everything they promised was done & more!!! Rooms were excellent, nice quiet hotel, located in heart of down-town St Johns. Highly recommended!!!

Room Tip: They're ll great, but get Nikki to pick one out for you!!!

Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments and your business. I'm delighted everything went well with your conference. I'm glad Nikki was able to help with the arrangements and ensure your meetings were successful.
We hope you'll have the chance to bring the group back in the future.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Recommend this hotel place adequate instructions on shower use instead of assumng everything is intuitive. I have stayed in 100s of hotels around the world; this was the most complicated and dangerous shower mechanism ever encountered - instructions and lighting would have been an asset

Not a quiet hotel, hear people late at night through the vents.

Room Tip: For the price of an executive suite, frayed carpeting and a school of silver fish competing in the bathroom, was not my expectation. The special/fancy shower with jets coming from the wall may be a neat idea, however, the non-working light in the shower and lack of instructions left me with some nasty scald burns to various parts of my body. Fortunately, my wife was dressed enough to get in and turn the thing off without also being burned. I had called the front desk about the lack of lighting but the engineer they sent to the room could do nothing more than say he would tell maintenance because he could not fix the problem. Recommend this hotel place adequate instructions on shower use instead of assu,Ming everything is intuitive. I have stayed in 100s of hotels around the world; this was the most complicated and dangerous shower mechanism ever encountered - instructions and lighting would have been an asset
2  Thank photohobby

Dear Guest,
I'm sorry your stay with us did not go well. We certainly apologize for the confusion with the shower. Our spa showers are one of the key features in most of our rooms and we usually only receive great comments on them. The silver fish you mentioned is not common in our hotel rooms, it's the first time anyone has mentioned them, however, we have certainly looked into the situation and thank you for bringing it to our attention.
While your stay was short, we would certainly like the opportunity to have you stay with us again in the future and ask you contact me directly.