“Typical Movie Theature , Overpriced crap”
Review of ST. JOHN'S - Empire Studio 12 - CLOSED

ST. JOHN'S - Empire Studio 12
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Make no wonder these places enforce the ole "No outside food" rule.. otherwise they would never sell a single kernal.. Like where elsein the universe are thay able to sell 5 cents of popcorn for 20 bucks! Here's a strike against you Empire!!!

And don't forget the 80 cent flat softrink for four bucks!

I remember they once provided you with free popcorn spice toppings... I guess the bean counters caught on to this.. no their charging a buck for that and another buck if you want butter on your popcorn.... really.... you would think the $30 you stole from me for the movie tickets would have been enough... but no...

Easily a $60 evening for two!

Reviewed 30 August 2013

70$ for a 3D movie for a family of 3 (which included popcorn of course). Same as every other theatre, except it is in the mall and next to a small arcade.

1  Thank Jill P
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Empire Studio 12 Theatres only a few minutes from downtown. 12 screens so lots of variety. Very friendly staff.

1  Thank Travelmarts
Reviewed 20 July 2013

The family and I were camping and it rained all day so we decided to go see a movie, The seating is so comfortable, very clean, even the washrooms. My only complaint is all the commercials, we got there 6:45 our movie stared at 7, we expected to sit through 15 mins of advertisement but it was 40 mins in total. I don't mind watching movie previews but I don't like watching commercials. Seemed like forever before the movie started.

1  Thank carlabur21
Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

There is nothing worth seeing here, folks. It's just another overpriced cinema complex. On a weekend evening expect to see hundreds of teens and expect to wait a long time to spend your $25 - 50 on popcorn and drinks.

It's pathetic that a cinema is in Tripadvisor. StJohn's has a lot more to offer.