“Dinner at Sea”

Dining options: Reservations
Kitchener
“Dinner at Sea”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

From the varied selection of entrees on the menu, we ordered three different meaty plates, the pork tenderloin, salmon, and sausage. The accompaniments were appetizing and aesthetically presented. My salmon was prepared properly, delicious, and seasoned on the outside very nicely, I should have known better than to have the waitperson pepper the asparagus on top of it. My mistake. The sausage dinner was served on a wooden paddle, and the pork tenderloin pleasingly pink with an attractive and tasty accompanying potato salad. We chose an inexpensive bottle of Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand to drink. We decided to end our meal with a delicious dessert which we did not need, but it certainly was perfectly prepared and pleasantly presented. The layered cake and mousse used Belgian Chocolate and the other dessert had the appearance, shape and colour of a flan but was a delectable carmelly mousse-like treat. The servers were attentive with water, wine, and a little something extra for the Scotch-lover in our trio. The dark interior decorating is modern and simple. And happily they use proper cloth napkins. We had reservations and gladly, as it was busy enough for a Tuesday night. We definitely enjoyed our evening and would drop anchor again at Black Sea.

• Visited August 2014

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The food is great. It looks a little dark but don't let that scare you off. Service was excellent. We were a group of 4. We had spring rolls and fried feta as starters and they were great. My friend and I shared the lobster pasta. The serving was huge and we were so full we couldn't have dinner. Very tasty.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Deb0904
Marrakech, Morocco
“Exceptional Mediterranean fare in the heart of downtown St. John's”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Wonderful menu, the Bulgarian feta cheese was incredible, my family loved their lamb tajine, and tandoori chicken, and my bouillabaisse was quite lovely as well. Server was attentive and friendly.

Dessert was ok. Would have been nice if they had some nicer in-house herbal teas instead of store-bought brands to complete the experience and would have felt in keeping with the rest of the menu.

The decor is interesting, but lacks a little in ambiance; with some fine-tuning it could be really nice. I did like the comfortable laid-back atmosphere, the interior could just use a little tweaking.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Shantha R
St. John's, Canada
“Little disappointed no lamb dish besides the lamb stew”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Heard it was a really good restaurant for its lamb. Bit disappointed when I had my mind set on the lamb. Apparently only if it's on the specials can you have anything besides lamb stew. My daughter did love her fillet dish though. Worry I didn't order that instead of the stew.

Visited July 2014
Sydney, Canada
“Absolutely special evening”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My wife and I had a special evening at the Black Sea during our trip to St. John's. We were in town for a week at a conference and had an opportunity to try a number of downtown establishments, and this one was superb. We had dinner and drinks, and took our time to enjoy he romantic atmosphere and professional service. My wife's lamb tagine is a memorable meal to this day, she still raves about it. This was easily the best dinner we had in St. John's this week.

• Visited November 2013