“Fantastic Service Every Time!”

Monastery Spa & Suites
More attraction details
Owner description: Monastery Spa & Suites honours the trinity of body, mind and spirit. Awaken your essence with deluxe treatments in a peaceful, tastefully renovated heritage monastery just moments from downtown St. John's. Come for the day or extend your visit in one of our luxurious suites featuring a two person air-massage tub, relaxing fireplace and all natural Aveda amenities.
“Fantastic Service Every Time!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We have stayed at the Spa multiple times over the last several years, sometimes for a week at a time. Fantastic service is always provided! Larry is especially courteous, obliging, dedicated and provides exceptional service every time. Whatever you need he is the one to arrange it for you. He is the same every time we are there, smile on his face, ready to help you out! - Kim C.

Visited May 2014
MonasterySpa, Public Relations Manager at Monastery Spa & Suites, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Hi Kim,
We're happy to hear your experiences have been great all these years, and we look forward to seeing you again. Chances are Larry will be there with his smile for your next visit too! :)

Thanks for the kind words,
Monastery Spa & Suites

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Utter disappointment ”
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Booked a suite for New Years Eve on the recommendation of a friend. Paid $300 for a room that promised a king size bed, cable, wifi, and room service until 10 PM. Cable didn't work; had to call the front desk three times to get the wifi password, and when we called for room service at 8 PM, we were told it was closed for the night. Will never book here again and will NEVER recommend.

7 Thank Sarah F
St. John's, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“MONASTERY SPA IS A RIP-OFF!! DON'T GO EVER”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This place is an overpriced rip-off!! I have never been to a place with so many hidden charges!! They booked me for a 90 minute facial, which lasted an hour and 5 minutes..the girl left the room to chat with her friends outside claiming i need alone time!! I didn't need alone time, I paid for a facial..my facial was to include extractions..she never even looked thru the lens..at the end she stated when i asked what about extractions..she said u don't need..it was dark in the room how could she see..she then did one little spot with her fingernails..eww!! Then when i went to check out..instead of bill being 235.00 it was 290.00..for what? oh, they charge 7.00 extra for flip flops, the nail file, the bottle of nail polish i was charged for..the best part $25.00 to take off my toe nail polish on top of the 95.00 pedicure..i asked for manager, he smirked at me and said that 's the way we do it here..i can't remove these charges on computer..RIGHT...they obviously don't care about repeat business..no where does it say about the extra charges on any of their printed brochures..online anywhere..

Visited October 2013
6 Thank kage k
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Mud wrap is a must”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I had the earth essentials package. The mid wrap was amazing. The attention to detail, the shower bar, and the atmosphere is something I highly recommend. It came with a hot stone message - the foot portion was great, but the rest was okay. The last portion of the package was a shampoo and blow dry, which was too rough and fast for me. I would recommend the wrap for sure, the rest you could pass on.

Visited August 2013
ottawa
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Lovely.”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

This is the third spa I have tried out in St. John's and has been far and away the best. The building is beautiful. Their pricing is reasonable. Lisa was the best esthetician I've ever had.

Subsequently I was happy to learn this is a multi-generational family business. Can't wait to bring my mom the next time she visits.

Visited July 2013