“A great place to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay Canada - St. John's - Downtown

Extended Stay Canada - St. John's - Downtown
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in St. John's
Mullica Hill, New Jersey
“A great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

My wife and 2 children just returned home from a vacation to St, John's. The hotel was conveniently located near the downtown area, the staff were courteous and helpful, and our room was impeccably clean. We enjoyed the free continental breakfast in the morning too. I would suggest this hotel to anyone wanting to visit St. John's!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - St. John's - Downtown, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Paul - It is so rewarding to read that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am proud of our team for keeping our hotel so clean and for providing you with such friendly service. As well, it is great to read that you liked our breakfast.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

Most comfortable bed. I sleep on latex foam at home and this pillow top was as comfortable. I was a little disappointed that there was not a separate bedroom and living room like in Ottawa. But still we got far more than similar priced hotels. Laundry room was very clean. A bit too far to walk to downtown or a restaurant.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Janet - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed our pillow top mattresses and had such a great sleep. As well, I am glad that you liked our onsite laundry facilities and that you found them to be so clean.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

I spent slightly more than half of the last two years as a guest at the Extended Stay hotel. My work took me to St. John's for periods of three weeks at a time. The hotel has done some upgrades during that period and improved the comfort of the rooms and furniture. The location is OK and if you have to walk, you can reach the city centre in a few minutes.

The real strength of the establishment is it's staff. They are friendly and helpful, and will go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. They are always ready to help and willing to solve any problem quickly. I would recommend this location to anyone looking for reliable long term accommodation where you can expect peace and quiet. The units have cooking facilities.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
South River, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

My friend and I were looking for a place to say for the night that was close to downtown and within our price range. I had never heard of this hotel before so I was a bit skeptical but I'm so glad we decided to stay here. The rooms were clean and very comfortable also I was very impressed by the fact that they came with a fully equipped kitchen. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I was greeted and asked how my day was going every time I walked through the door.
The weekend before I stayed at the Delta and i payed four times as much for a room that was no where near as comfortable as the one I slept in at this hotel.
This has become my new place to stay in St. John's and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to stay in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - St. John's - Downtown, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such a wonderful things about all we have to offer at Extended Stay Canada St. John's.

I am proud of our team for the customer service they provide all of our guests. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed there for 3 or 4 days while visiting St. John's. It's an easy walk to the west end of downtown (of course lots of the interesting stuff is in the east end, but taxis work pretty well). It's a 5 minute walk to a Shopper's Drug Mart pharmacy and a 15 minute walk to a Sobey's grocery store. The in-room fridge is a good size and there's a little stove too. The staff are very friendly and helpful. We had a room with a pull out couch, and the room gets very cramped when the pull-out is pulled out. The breakfast was kind of mediocre ... undrinkable coffee (but there's a coffee machine in the room) and a selection of cereals, sliced breads, juice and a few mini cinnamon rolls. The place was quite clean and well kept.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank canexa
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - St. John's - Downtown, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the your visit! Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Peterview
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

We had an appointment at the hospital next to the hotel. you couldn't find a hotel closer to this hospital than the extended stay, plus if the weather is bad, you can access the hospital through an underground parking garage. The hotel is very clean and well maintained, overall, a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: If you have an appointment at the hospital next door, call the hotel and make your reservation, tell...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - St. John's - Downtown, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Chris - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our hotel was in a great location for you and that you found it be clean as well as maintained. The staff and I truly enjoyed having you visit with us and would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Prospect, Nova Scotia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

We stayed for three days while exploring St. John's. I gather many of the guests are patients and their families from the nearby hospital. There is a kitchenette in the room, and a laundry in the basement. The staff was great and I have no complaints. The soundproofing works very well! I never heard a peep from the adjoining rooms. There was some traffic noise, so if I went back I'd try for a room on the front side of the building.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay Canada - St. John's - Downtown, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future!