“Excellent , conveniently located”

Extended Stay Canada - St. John's - Downtown
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in St. John's
Edmundston, Canada
“Excellent , conveniently located”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This hotel is centrally located, close to the downtown area but away from the buzz of nightlife.
Continental breakfast, lots of coffee and juice.
Staff is most helpful as all Newfoundlanders !!!!!!
Ideal place...we stayed 4 nights...clean rooms, efficient house cleaning, even has kitchenettes.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pat182168

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Generally, I was quite pleased. Very clean rooms with everything one needs in a kitchen for an extended stay. Very helpful staff and a nice location just slightly removed from downtown. The only thing keeping me from giving it "five dots" was the internet. Not too bad but not real fast either. I realize that for an additional price they will provide a higher speed for skype and all of that. But at $160 a day after tax why can't they just provide true "complimentary" high speed to all as many of the "mom & pops do. In a few years this nickel and diming for high speed will be a thing of the past. But, hey, overall, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Plaster Rock, Canada
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My son and I stayed at this beautiful hotel from February 1 - 8 , 2014!! This is such a beautiful place to stay!! My son had surgery at the nearby hospital and ALL of the staff were absolutely AMAZING and FRIENDLY!! Our room was really CLEAN, the staff were MORE than helpful to us!! We LOVED everything about Extended Stay Deluxe Hotel in Saint John's, NFLD!! We loved our room!! VERY clean, wonderful to have a kitchenette and the beds were SO comfortable!! :) I have never met such friendly people who were so helpful and caring in my entire life!! I wish that I could rate this hotel even higher than I am allowed to because this hotel and all of the staff DESERVE a THUMBS up!! I HIGHLY recommend this hotel to EVERYONE who is looking for such a GREAT place to stay!! When it was time for us to book out and leave to head to the Airport as we live in New Brunswick; I did get somewhat sentimental because we had to leave these LOVELY people and their friendships!! Thank Goodness that I took a lot of pictures while we stayed here!! I MISS all of you and I continue to look at all of the photos that I took while we were staying there!! If you are looking for an AWESOME hotel to stay at; THIS is the place!! My son and I would like to express our sincere thanks to ALL of you for making our stay with you such a WONDERFUL experience!! In closing; I would rate this hotel as the BEST!! We miss ALL of you so very much but we have the wonderful memories!! THANK YOU all so much for your kindness!! PURE AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!! :) :)

Room Tip: Our room was located at a very convenience spot!! It could not have been any better!! Quiet and very...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank KarenLisa50
Delft, The Netherlands
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The hotel is perfect for short stays, but even better for extended stays.
Well equipped kitchen, high quality room cleaning.
Price is very acceptable.
Reception personnel is very helpful.
Breakfast is moderate for European standards.
Due to the kitchen with cooking facilities and refrigerator in the room it is easy to prepare meals including breakfast

Room Tip: Rooms to the east have a nice view
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Paul_S100
Summerside, Canada
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for 10 days. I travel quite a bit and usually opt for a bed and breakfast experience because it tends to be more like being home, however I chose this hotel because of its location next to the hospital where I had a sick relative. I was absolutely so impressed by the cleanliness, the comfort of the bed, the friendliness of the staff, the great location, the super coffee in the breakfast room, and the quiet. I stayed on the 4th floor near the elevator and not far from the stairway. I am a light sleeper so normally would get no sleep in a room in this location. However, I did not hear one sound--elevator was quiet, the room doors close quietly, and the other guests were very quiet. They offer a complimentary basket of amenities which was quite helpful--including a little sewing kit, granola bars, toothbrush, etc. The kitchenette in the room was a fantastic help--we were able to prepare our own light meals using the microwave, fridge, freezer, coffee machine. The staff made the beds daily, replaced the towels, dishcloths and dish soap, even though I was quite willing to do without this and did not expect it. The staff are really hard working and the room cleaners are wonderful. The bedroom windows open which is wonderful for those of us who need to have fresh air to breathe at night. There was no traffic noise at all. The bed was so amazing. It was the first time in years I slept without pain. I cant say enough good things about it --it is not opulent, just clean, comfortable and very convenient. if you have to be away from home, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: The rooms facing Lemarchent Rd have a lovely view of the Southside hills and Signal Hill. The rooms...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Celine K
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

Quiet with friendly helpful staff and a good location for walking downtown. Good size room, kitchenette not used but clean and well appointed.

I arrived late and was still well received and would happily return.

Very happy with the place and price.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Veganguy
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We were looking for an accomodation where we could cook some of our meals in a location central to St. John's. We stayed a total of 6 nights during two different stays (arriving and later departing from Newfoundland.) Room was well-sized, clean, and comfortable. Soundproofing was pretty good -- at times we could noise from adjacent room (we were on the top floor.) Not too far a walk to downtown area. No grocery store close-by. If you arriving after dark from airport, strongly advise taking cab to hotel, as the route is complicated. We took the hotel's shuttle van back to the airport the next day to pick up our car, and that worked well. Somewhat tight parking as others have mentioned, but always found a place. Stayed here while taking day trips to St. Mary's, and a separate trip to Ferryland. Worked well. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor, and faced the back.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple