All reviews boutique hotel water street beet salad george street small elevator exposed brick bar downstairs gorgeous hotel rooms are amazing mussels duvet cover st john the ground floor big bathroom comfortable bed downtown st loved this hotel
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Nice hotel room in the perfect spot downtown St Johns. Literally crawling distance from George Street. Our room was very modern with a huge private patio, comfortable bed, fridge and large bathroom (with a nice big shower and a tub). They left us free bottles of water, creamers and some good coffee for the morning which is always an appreciated touch. My parents stayed at Alt Hotel, which had a free breakfast and a harbor view,and was high tech and very modern but way smaller than our room (and they didn't have a fridge), so i preferred this place.
My only recommendation would be to avoid the restaurant below if you are in any sort of a rush as you will be experiencing slow service (but honestly that was true of any restaurant on the main road there; go up a side street to a place with locals in it if you want food and drink in a reasonable time frame).
great stay, would visit again

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2018

I stayed at Blue on the Water while in town for business. LOVED LOVED LOVED it! the location was wonderful, the staff very friendly and my room - well I could not have asked for anything more! I tend to stay away from boutique(y) hotels as I prefer the autonimy of the larger properties, but at the blue I was able to have the best of both worlds - I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2018

Stayed for one night in the large deluxe suite and wow, what a suite, the bathroom is to die for, large soaker tube, a shower that can fit 4 people with different types of shower heads. The room overlooked Water St and is just a street over from George, makes it convenient to get around the tourists area. The manager and staff were very helpful and accommodating, helping with our bags and made sure we were comfortable. The restaurant has an excellent menu, great food. We'll definitely return for more than a one night stay.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We arrived at the Blue on the Water during the George Street Festival which is held literally 50 feet from the hotel.
Lots of room in our Suite. Nice bar fridge and sectional provided.
I loved the shower and the smooth pebble shower floor.
Our room faced the rooftop patio across the street.
When you want to be staying at the heart of the party stay here!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

What a lovely boutique hotel! The owner goes the extra mile to make sure you are happy and comfortable. Our room is bright and modern, very clean! Don’t be fooled by the outside, this gem is on top of the restaurant (same name). The location is really great as well! Steps away from George street!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple