“Better than average but just!!”
Review of Get Stuffed

Get Stuffed
Ranked #13 of 384 Restaurants in St. John's
Price range: US$16 - US$21
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This place probably deserved 3.5 stars but that is not an option on TA. Anyway the menu here can be little confusing as there is always extras and even when they say your entrée comes with a side it probably doesn't so you will have to order one of their sides to go with it. The salad was good, of the mains we had, the duck was a little disappointing, my wife had a pasta dish that was one of the daily specials which was good. For dessert we shared a bread pudding and honestly I have had better. We had a very nice table with a great view and the service was okay but they forgot my drink order. Overall I expect this place can be better and we probably just hit some dishes that underwhelmed.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Came her in September 2013. My partner and I had a drink, apetizer, entree and dessert each. Compared to other higher end restaurants in Downtown St. John's it did not meet up to my expectations and left much to be desired unfortunately.

1  Thank Justin C
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We arrived about 5:30 and were seated immediately at an upstairs table by the window - a nice view of Duckworth street below us. The server was very helpful with the menu - everything is a la carte. You can order a regular portion, or a "get stuffed" portion - enough for two. We wanted different meals so went with the regular size. My husband had fish stew, I had grilled salmon with fruit salsa and extra grilled vegetables. The food was very good as was the service. It's a casual atmosphere.

1  Thank RMB-SK
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

What a great way to start our month long stay. Our dinner was absolutely delicious. We had the fish stew soup , the fresh Newfoundland cod and a side dish of corn and mushrooms. For dessert we shared a wonderful bread pudding. The service was professional while still being friendly. The decor was casual. I would definitely eat there again.

1  Thank MarciaJoan
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is a small restaurant, beautifully situated on Duckworth Street opposite the impressive War Memorial and it offers fresh, local ingredients at reasonable prices. It is family owned and run with the help of loyal staff who clearly enjoy working there and are proud of the rapidly growing reputation. The 'get stuffed' portion is certainly for those with hearty appetites, and the regular size option is more than generous. We highly recommend trying this restaurant.

1  Thank Susan2301_13