“Good for lunch or light dinner - Mellow, Calm & Dealicious!”
Review of The Sprout

The Sprout
Ranked #35 of 391 Restaurants in St. John's
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Cozy restaurant in the heart of downtown offering a variety of healthy choices. An oasis of amazing dishes for vegetarians and vegans.
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Super relaxed, mellow atmosphere - servers are very laid back and calm. Nice place, but with small tables and kitchen at the back. Their pad thai is supreme - and their desserts are deadly! They have a vegan non-dairy cheese cake that is INCREDIBLE. Stop by for lunch or a light dinner. Prices are on the higher side, but definitely reasonable for the kind of food that they offer

1  Thank fabilosity22

Reviewed 25 July 2014

It was refreshing to see a menu that I didn't need to scan over. There is no doubt about the quality and freshness of the food your being served. We enjoyed every moment of our meal. Wish I had more photos to share, next time.
This is now one of my favourite place to eat in downtown St. John's, can't wait to go again.

1  Thank Violet-RF-2014
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I love this restaurant ever since my sister first introduced me to it less than a year ago. I never visit every time I'm in town. Great location, wonderful atmosphere, very comfortable, friendly staff and the food is lovely.

The desserts can be hit or miss, but the main menu is refreshing and delicious and a welcome reprieve where decent vegetarian fare is hard to come by. Cozy, delightfully non-pretentious, with a charming street-side patio.

I <3 Sprout.

1  Thank Shantha R
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I love this place. Great friendly staff, cozy spot to eat, and great food. The salad is delicious, and the lentil burger is the best I've ever had. I'm always going back!

1  Thank Sarah K
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Gluten-free, vegan, vegeterian choices. Menu prepared with imagination. Nice hip ambiance. The staff is helpful and understanding individual needs.

1  Thank MSS961