“Aurora Viewing Tour Sept 21 2013”

Yellowknife Outdoor Adventures
Ranked #2 of 24 Tours in Yellowknife
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer half days and full day excursions, winter and summer. Winter activities, snowmobiling, dog sledding, aurora viewing on Great Slave Lake. Summer activities, trophy pike fishing, boat tours, Great slave lake dinner cruises and more...We deliver very personalized professional guiding services.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Baby buggy parking
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We booked a side trip with Carlos for Aurora Viewing for an evening around our Main Trip to Buffalo Airways. We were aware that it's hit and miss with the Aurora Viewing if booking for only 1 night. The conditions were less than Ideal the evening we chose. Carlos called us at the hotel informing us that the cabin location would be unfavorable due to cloud cover over Great Slave Lake and that he would be picking us up and taking us inland to a better location. He was prompt, friendly and very informative. The remote location seemed to work out as the skies were clearer away from the lake and upon arrival he quickly pointed out what to look for and how to set you camera's as Aurora was clearly visible. Being a small group worked well giving us personal attention and conversation about what we were seeing and how the Aurora were developing in the sky. The last 15 min were SPECTACULAR ! The Aurora filled the sky and danced as he predicted it would. A great experience with a knowledgeable guide the aimed to please..................Jane & Frank, Stoney Creek ON

3  Thank frank b
"hour tour"
in 7 reviews
"clear instructions"

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Went out with Carlos for a 4hr morning fishing trip with the whole family, and man was it a blast. Caught lots of pike, managed to get quite a few in the 33-36" range with the biggest being 40". Lost some big pike as well and saw some more big follow right up to the boat. Great guide, kept it fun and entertaining even when the weather was not the greatest (cold and overcast) and the fish weren't as aggressive as usual . As a pretty experienced fisherman I can say the gear/equipment is top notch, and very beginner-friendly. I would definitely recommend going with Carlos, fishing trip of a lifetime!

2  Thank Jack M
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I have had a few dealings with Carlos and am not very happy about the services I received for the prices paid. But to inform the general masses of potential clients properly, people have good and bad days so just make sure that you do all of your homework and ask tons of questions if your looking for a guide like Carlos. He overbooked and took me and my friends out but I feel bad about the people that got canceled on.

3  Thank Keven S
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Booked a 4hr fishing trip with Carlos and he more then earned his money. Not only was he patient with inexperienced fishermen, he tried his hardest to ensure that we would at least catch a few fish AND was able to administer first aid when a huge 40+inch pike got a little out of hand in the boat. On a beautiful sunny day, a few hours fishing with Carlos could your highlight of a trip to Yellowknife.