“Would not recommend”

Quality Inn & Suites Yellowknife
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Yellowknife
Reviewed 10 June 2013

The only bonus about this hotel was that it was close to where I needed to go. This was not a good experience...I needed a hard wire connection for my computer - they told us they had it - I got there and they didn't. When asked about parking, I was told to find a meter out front! I get to my room and had not remote control or telephone; no air conditioning; noisy - people banging on doors and slamming doors all hours of the night. Many intoxicated people roaming in and out and around the front of the hotel. I tried to do an early check out because I had an early flight out in the morning...all I can say is DON'T DO IT. They totally messed up our bills and the young guy at the counter brushed us off as if we were being unreasonable.

Positives - the housekeeping staff and Jeff (I think that was his name) were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Samtraveller70
Scott S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Yellowknife, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Hello

Thank you for the feedback on your stay at The Yellowknife Inn. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We have made several changes to reduce the amount of noise associated with the opening and closing of doors throughout the evening. We will once again take a look at these changes to ensure that we are eliminating as much noice as possible.

We have recently gone through staffing changes at the front desk. The associate that was helping you at the front desk was in training at the time. I can let you know that the associate is still working with us and has received several comment cards recognizing his good customer service skills.

Yellowknife is a small northern community with social issues. Unfortunately we are not the only hotel that experiences these social issues. We do have on site security. The safety and security of our guests are our main priority.

I would like to invite you to stay at The Yellowknife Inn during your next visit to Yellowknife. Please feel free to contact me directly. Have a great day.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Good place to stay, clean, helpful staff. The free shuttle is definitely an asset.
Just one bad thing: I forgot my phone there, and called them right away to know if they could send it back, and at what price. They said they could do it, no problem, no cost associated. 2 weeks after, I called them back, they said they forgot to send my phone. One week after, I called again, and only there did they tell me they needed my credit card number. I wouldn't have mind paying if they told me from the beginning, but after a month! So I just got a new phone.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Str_esther
Scott S, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Yellowknife, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Hello

Thank you for choosing The Yellowknife Inn. I am very happy to here that you enjoyed your stay with us. Providing excellent customer service is very important to us.

I would like to apologize for the delay in getting your phone to you. Please feel free to contact myself as I would be happy to reimburse any expense associated with shipping your phone to you.

Have a great day.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Just got back from Yellowknife yesterday and wanted to share my thoughts on the Yellowknife Inn. Great location, good parking. Doors are thin and you hear people talking and walking down the halls at all hours. The doors slam shut so you have to listen to those as well. The hotel was clean, but wouldn't stay there again, because of the noise levels.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello

Thank you for taking the opportunity to offer your feedback in relation to your stay at our hotel. We are making several changes and creating initiatives in order to reduce the noise that our guests experience while in their room. We have had several positive comments from our repeat guests in regards to these initiatives.

I am hoping that you will have the opportunity to stay with us again. I am hoping that you will the opportunity to experience these positive changes during your next stay with us.

Have a fantastic weekend.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

From the first minute we stepped into the hotel lobby, the staff proved to be very accommodating and helpful. We were too early to check in as it was only 9:30 am, but we dropped our bags in a secure area, and the desk clerk pointed out several things we could do and see around town while waiting for our rooms. The rooms had queen beds in them with very comfortable mattresses. The outside temperature hovered around minus 30 degrees celcius so the room was hot when we arrived. Simply tunring down the thermostat corrected the problem in about two hours. Great location downtown. Affiliated restaurant was a bit slow in service but the food portions were HUGE!

Room Tip: Try to get at least the third floor to eliminate the noise from below.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ego10

Hello

I am very happy to here that you had an excellent stay with us and that you had the opportunity to enjoy the City of Yellowknife. I am also pleased to here about your positive experience with our associates.

I am hoping that you will have the opportunity to stay with again in the future. I would love the opportunity to say hello.

Thank you for your kind words. Have a good day.

Reviewed 7 February 2013

One of the oldest hotels in Yellowknife, but you wouldn't know it. It has been renovated and refurbished. The room was very clean and nicely furnished. The bed was newer and very comfortable. The staff was friendly. First time staying here; it was chosen by my employer. I would definitely stay here again on my own.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Scott S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Yellowknife, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Hello

Thank you for choosing the Yellowknife Inn. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate the positive remarks in your review.

We look forward to seeing you in the future. It was a pleasure serving you. Have a great day.

Reviewed 19 January 2013

If you are staying in Yellowknife in the middle of winter this is definitely the place to stay (at below 40 bit hard to explore). It is attached to a small mall which is very useful when you can't go out for a walk - it had a nice little coffee shop. The hotel had a few pros and cons. The pros - clean room, comfortable bed.I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. The cons - one day there was no hot water - definitely not good in the arctic winter. One light didn't work and the room was pretty small.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank ozmaur
Scott S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Yellowknife, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Hello

Thank you very much for staying at The Yellowknife Inn. I am happy to hear that you had a positive experience with our Associates.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that the lack of hot water may have caused you during your stay. We did experience some boiler issues during your stay, but these issues have since been corrected.

We hope to see you again. Have a fantastic day.

Reviewed 14 December 2012

It's not the best hotel and we were given a room with smoking smell even though we requested non-smoking room. But it's clean and located right in downtown. Local tours will come pick you up for sure and only 10 minutes away from airport (free shuttle pickup and drop off). Heater was overly hot, so we had to open up the window even though it was -30 degree! And the bed was way too soft in my opinion. Don't expect great customer service here as they somehow don't smile much! Bus stop right outside of hotel and there are a few restaurants to choose from inside the same building.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple