“great place to stay in yellowknife”

Quality Inn & Suites Yellowknife
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Yellowknife
Yellowknife, Canada
“great place to stay in yellowknife”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

Friendly and helpful staff, and a central location - close to a grocery store, lots of restaurants, and accessible to the tours to see the lights. I initially had some issues with parking, but they went far out of their way to resolve my problems. The ladies at the front desk were awesome - really friendly and nice, even though the weather was -40 degrees. I commend them for it!

Room was nice. Big bed, warm, with all the amenities I needed, including a great little coffee shop by the lobby. Yellowknife isn't a big city, so you can't expect metropolitan conveniences, but this came as close as could be expected.

I'd definitely stay here again. Recommend.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Scott S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Yellowknife, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Hello

Thank you for the great review. I am happy to hear that we were able to resolve your parking issues in a timely manner and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind and positive comments will be shared with all Associates of The Yellowknife.

We look forward to seeing you again. Have a great day.

Scott

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

My wife and I went to Yellowknife to visit and found a great place to return too . We were unsure where to stay but took a chance on the Yellowknife Inn . From the first day to the last the Staff were always friendly and helpful. Our room comfortable and always clean and upgraded to a standard more than acceptable.. We had rented a car (ask for underground parking) but were able to walk from the hotel to many interesting spots and great restaurants close by. I rated it average but really if looking for a good place central to downtown and friendly staff this a great choice.

Room Tip: king rooms(suite) large with huge bathrooms
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Advisorpicky
Hello

Thank you for the positive review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am especially happy to hear that you enjoyed your clean and comfortable hotel room and had a positive experience with our customer focused Associates.

I am hoping that you will choose The Yellowknife Inn during your next stay in Yellowknife. Once again, thank you for the great review.

Have an excellent day.

Morrisburg, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I did not have high expectations for this hotel stay based on my research of the place before my stay: there is no fitness facility on-site and no restaurant on-site. Because my usual hotels were booked solid I thought I'd give the Yellowknife Inn a try anyway. Well I'm glad I did!

- the room I was booked into was somewhat small, but it was clean, well-appointed, had better quality toiletries than in other YK hotels, and the room appeared to have been recently renovated. - The main issues I had with my hotel room were: 1) there was that there was not rack to place my suitcase on to unpack my suitcase (I never use the bed), and 2) there was only 1 extra door lock - not two.
- I was unhappy to hear that there was no on-site gym but was permitted access to the fitness club a block away... one that I had been meaning to try anyway. A bit of an inconvenience though to have to get dressed for outdoors mid-week.
- The restaurant was not in the hotel but across the mall from the hotel - a bit weird but okay. It was nice that the restaurant was open early for breakfast, though.
- (PLUS) The wireless internet was reliable and easy to access, something that another YK hotel has difficulties with.
The best thing I found about this hotel was my check-in experience. The staff person was friendly and professional and assured me that if there were any problems to contact her right away. On the phone staff members were friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank dihnontourist
Hello

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review for our hotel. We appreciate both the positive and constuctive feedback. We would like to thank you for choosing the Yellowknife Inn for your hotel while in Yellowknife.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I recently spent the weekend at the Yellowknife in with my mother. We had a lovely four night stay.

There is a free shuttle from the airport right to the steps of the hotel. The front desk staff were helpful with providing directions and suggestions for activities in town despite it being the 'off' season.

For anyone not wanting to take a tour, there is a good spot to see the Northern Lights near the car park of the Explorer Hotel on the edge of town. We found this easy to walk to from the Yellowknife Inn and we saw the lights easily.

The room was comfortable and the bathroom was a reasonable size, lots of television channels to keep you busy while waiting for the lights to come out.

Overall a great place to stay near lots of things to do, easy to walk to Old Town or out to dinner from.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AusGirl2222
Hello

Thank you for the wonderful review. It sounds like you had an enjoyable stay while in Yellowknife. If there is anything that we can do to help plan you next visit to Yellowknife, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are hoping to see you again in the future.

Have a great day, and once again, thank you for staying at The Yellowknife Inn.
Inuvik, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Yellowknife Inn for one night and had booked it through Hotels.com, so got a good deal. The room was very small but clean and nice. The Internet connection was quite sporadic and the tv had poor reception. However, the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Hello

Thank you for the positive review. I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience with our Associates. Since your stay with us, we have done several upgrades to our wireless equipment that have increased internet speeds and reliability. The hotel will be upgrading to digital TV in March, 2014 in order to increase picture quality. I am hoping that you will stay with us in the future so that you may experience these upgrades first hand.

Have a great day.

Dawson City, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

It is true, the place is located conveniently in the centre of town. The room is okay. Am staying here for five nights. When I arrived, one of the lights was blown. It took more than 24 hours and numerous phone calls to get it fixed.
One day room service didn`t happen. Went shopping, came back, called the front desk at 4:30 pm. ``I see what I can do``.Waited for an hour, still nothing happening.
Internet connection was good the first night, has been very sluggish ever since.
The thermostat seems to be broken, doesn`t look like the room temperature can be regulated.
The fitness centre that shows up as one of the amenities is on a completely different block.
Would I stay here again? Sure, if I had to.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank MyClone
Hello

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at The Yellowknife Inn. I would very much like to make it up to you the next time that you are in Yellowknife. Please feel free to contact me at scottsmicer@yellowknifeinn.com.

Scott

Travellers are raving about these Yellowknife hotels

Bridgewater, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

My husband and I were in town visiting our daughter who just had a baby. The hotel was clean and comfortable and located within walking distance of our daughter's home. Housekeeping was good. They did some of our laundry as we were not able to make it to the laundrymat.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Hello Julie

Congratulations on the recent addition to your family. Thank you for the positive and encouraging review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am hoping that you will stay with us again the next time you are in Yellowknife.