Coast Fraser Tower
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$146
US$164
US$99
US$96
Hotels.com
All reviewscontinental breakfastfull kitchenapartment buildingstarbucks coffeeliving roomstay there againlaundry facilitieslarge loungeslow internetyogurthard boiled eggslonger staybest betpots and pansbig roomin towneasy walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 April 2009

I spend a lot of time traveling to Yellowknife on business. About 3 years ago an old friend recommended this hotel because of the level of comfort and away from home completeness of the hotel. I started staying here myself then because I was tired of staying in the box like rooms offered in the other hotels. I knew this building back in the early 70's when it was a Gov't Apt. complex, and already knew what it had to offer. The staff was friendly and kind and very personal, after a few trip I felt like I was staying here more to visit with friends than be in a hotel.
There must also be noted the friendlyness to my pet dog. She loves this place, its has to be the most dog friendly hotel I have ever been in. My dog actually thinks this is her place. If I tell my dog we are going to Yellowknife, she will jump into her cage hours in advance in anticipation of arriving here and being treated so well.

This hotel and its staff have made Yellowknife a pleasure to stay in, the hotel is very comfortable and well laid out, if you like to cook your own meals in your apt room or enjoy the food service you have the best of choices.

I have seen many guess staying here from overseas enjoying themselve along side of the businessmen seeking comfort and quality service, and I meet my long time friends from the arctic here on almost every occassion.

I a recomendation in the highest regard for this hotel after 30 years of duty travel and feeling like you are coming home will inspire you to make this a part of your Yellowknife destination.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2009

I recently had the pleasure of working with the staff at the Coast Fraser Towers to host a two-day conference in their 14th floor (penthouse) meeting room, a.k.a. the Arctic Room.

We had some 25 - 30 people training with us for the two days and everyone was very impressed with the Arctic Room. The catering service provided was outstanding, service in the room included - coffee, tea, water and treats. On our second day we had lunch catered in - the Manager of Sales and Catering suggested setting up lunch in one of the other meeting rooms - the Aurora Room - which turned out fantastically. We were able to get away from the business of our meeting room and enjoy a delicious meal in a beautiful setting.

We also had some delegates staying at the hotel. The Sales Manager was extremely accommodating when people decided to change dates/room preferences. Delegates said that the suites were extremely spacious and boasted great views. Everyone was happy with their stay.

I don't think a lot of people realize that along with being a hotel with full suites, there are also three meeting rooms available. Often, the Explorer overshadows other options in the city for meeting room options - but if you are planning a small, intimate conference (40 people or less), it may be worth your while to look into Fraser Towers.

Staff are professional, accommodating and helpful. The hotel is clean, well-kept and close enough to downtown to be within walking distance, but far enough away to be out of the hustle and bustle of downtown Yellowknife.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 March 2009

20+ of us changed our last week of our 3 week stay in Yellowknife to the Coast Fraser Tower after a terrible experience at the Chateau Nova Suites.
We all found the Fraser Tower to be very clean and professional run. Regular maid service which was really important to us. Will definitely stay here again in the future for business.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2008

The manager and staff were excellent - very helpful could not ask for better service. Room was very nice and CLEAN (actually it was great to go to work and come "home" and have a made bed and clean kitchen (bliss for any female)LOTS of places to store your things. Loved the fact it was an apartment - so much better than just a room with bed and bathroom (which can be a bit Clostraphobic) it was spacious and relaxing. Balcony was big and great to watch out for the Northern Lights - ALWAYS coffee on the go in reception which I loved -mornings you could have light breakfast - toast/bagel/muffins/yougart/cereal and fresh fruit, as much as you wanted. They also do an evening meal Mon-Thursday -not a menue with variety (as most people use their kitchens) however you get a starter/main meal and desert and complimentary glass of wine - good quality hearty food, which I thoroughly enjoyed.
The hotel has a gym and a steam room, you can also do your laundry there.
A safe and secure building with night attendant (who was very helpful)

Overall a very pleasent stay-look forward to returning-I would certainly reccommend to any traveller

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Rosie778
Reviewed 8 July 2008

I stayed at the Coast Fraser Tower hotel because I was attending a conference in YK (Yellowknife) June 9 - 13 2008.

This is a nice hotel which used to be an apartment building. The 'rooms' are apartments with a full kitchen and living room as well as a reasonable sized bathroom (with small shampoo, lotion and soaps as well as a full sized pump bottle with lotion and shampoo - good for long hair) and a large bedroom.

I was on the second floor and so had no veiw to speak of.

Since it is light for 24 hours (though the sun sets for a short time), the black out curtains were great.

I used the internet (sometimes slow) and tv several evenings and appreciated them.

Continental breakfast was good - juice, coffee, tea, bagels with cream cheese, bread/toast/jam, cereals, yogurt, fruit, etc.

My experience with the staff was good. Everyone was pleasant and helpful.

My room smelt a little smokey but wasn't bad.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business