“Best Fresh Sushi and Sashimi in YK”
Review of Sushi North

Sushi North
Ranked #13 of 75 Restaurants in Yellowknife
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: Sushi North serves a best selection of delicious, traditional, high-quality fresh food. Specially Arctic Char!! Featuring tasty seaweed salads and many appetizers, noodles, rice, Uramaki (inside out roll with rice and fillings) Triyaki chicken and an assorted selection of the finest seafood, there is certainly something for everyone. Here at Sushi North, we are praised for our great food, relaxed atmosphere, friendly experienced staff and extremely affordable prices. Sushi North is full service restaurant; open Monday - Saturday 1130am-1900pm with the option for collection as well as a delivery service available with Jerries service Happy Hour Special Draft beer $3
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I eat here at least once a week, it is setup as a takeout restaurant or you can dine in, I do both.
The food is the best fresh sushi in YK and the staff are the best!
The staff know me by name and know my favourite dishes.
Try the Zuke - marinated tuna - it is amazing.
The atmosphere is nice too, always nice jazz playing and a tv that displays photos and movies about Japan.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Love sushi and my wife and I eat it regularly. We had a place down south that we would go to and this is better than any we found where we used to live. The staff are friendly and the service is fast. The food is great. Only complaint is I keep missing the grilled Arctic char! But the char nigiri was very good! Highly recommended while in Yellowknife.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

I thought the fun bright colors in Sushi North made a very fun and happy atmosphere. I was also very satisfied with the Dynamite Rolls. I will definitely be coming in for more.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

I love dining here as they always have a fast service. Try their Takoyaki-it's phenomenal! The only thing I am hoping for them to have is coffee. yes, they don't serve coffee, only tea- which is acceptable since japanese love tea. but they don't only cater to japanese people, but also canadians, filipinos, first nations.... so they must've at least serve coffee. otherwise, their food is great. Dynamite roll is also delicious.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

Arctic Char and Salmon are my favorites. So Chirashi type is good.
Hope they roll sushi by hand. Now they have Okonomyaki, I gotta try one.