“Relax and enjoy”

Ranked #5 of 77 Restaurants in Yellowknife
Price range: US$9 - US$30
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Enjoy the ambiance of Old Yellowknife. In summer, dine outside on Yellowknife Bay under the midnight sun. In winter, inside, while checking out the Northern Lights. We are licensed, offer premium coffees & desserts, breakfast, lunch and supper. Open Tuesday to Sunday, 9 AM TO 9 PM.
Reviewed 16 August 2014

A great little spot along the lake to have coffee and a fresh cinnamon bun in at any time of day. The soup is homemade and delicious and the staff is very welcoming.
You can sit inside or outside to enjoy the summer weather.

2  Thank bbcc1313

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Living in YK I am use to poor service but a recent lunch at the Dancing Moose topped out for poor service. I keep going back hoping that the food gets better because I like the atmosphere and location. The food is a little better than it was last year, but the service has dramatically gone down hill. I sat outside for 20 minutes at a table that wasn't cleaned and had to move inside to get any service. Even inside none of the tables were cleaned. If you order fries and a burger I would expect the restaurant to have mustard.......I ordered a cupcake for my child that was so old it turned to crumbs on her first bite. If a 4 year old turns down a cupcake you know it can't be good. This will be my last visit to the Dancing Moose unless it is overhauled......worst experience I have had in YK!!!!

1  Thank YKDave
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We ate here at lunch. Even though it was almost empty, the soup was thrown in a microwave, then given to us still cold. The fries that came with the dry burger were greasy, old, overcooked.
The prices were ridiculously high for mediocre thrown together food.
Save your money and go to the Blue Star, 5 minutes away, half the price and four times the quality and service!

1  Thank iainincanada
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is a small place, but there is also outside space which is very nice and looks out onto the lake. The fish and chips here are fantastic. At first we were disappointed because we ordered our fish and chips and then the waiter came back to tell us they had none left. We had to order something else, but then when our food arrived- surprise - it was fish and chips afterall. A little strange, but so delicious!

1  Thank DawnMike19
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is a charming restaurant that is connected with a B&B on the bay. You can eat outside, but not have an alcoholic beverage out there.
Nicely decorated with art from local artists.
The service was prompt, attentive & friendly.
The food was remarkably speedy (they weren't busy) and delicious.

1  Thank MumJakeShy