“Best restaurant in Yellowknife!”
Review of Blue Star Restaurant - CLOSED

Blue Star Restaurant
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Our party of five had delicious curries at very decent prices, all under $20. The food was very tasty, the service fantastic. One of my party wanted ice for her water. The waiter said they had none left, so he left the restaurant, crossed the road and bought some in the store, came back and gave her ice!
This restaurant is so much more worth a visit than the rest of the overpriced northern themed pretentious restaurants that are everywhere in this little town.

You must visit here when in Yellowknife; you will love it!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This building is a little long in the tooth and the outside is not really exuding any "curb appeal". The atmosphere is not the same as the tourist traps you will overpay for in Yellowknife.
The food is definitely worth a visit. Our group had curry chicken, tandoori chicken and the curry goat. All were amazing. Served on a large plate with rice and a little salad, the tastes were out of this world. The young man asked us if we wanted hotter, but these were spiced perfectly (for us). He said that he would have eaten it hotter because he was used to it. The bill was very reasonable and fair for the amount that we ate. I loved this place and would go back in a heartbeat.
The thought of goat may not be appealing to some but it is worth a try.
Do not miss this place!

1  Thank bbcc1313
Reviewed 18 May 2014

In a small northern community where variety and global foods are scarce, I was ecstatic to learn of the Blue Star. Famished after a workout, we came for food with flavor as a reward. I think I will have to go back and try something else. The chicken tandoor was flavorless. The rice was boring with frozen vegetables throughout and the side salad (an additional $5) was iceberg lettuce, tomato, and a little carrot (?) and or cucumber (?). Next time, I'll try the curry. After eating and learning to cook many dishes from the same regions, maybe I prefer a little more flavor and heat. I'm just not finding either here...yet.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Get your amazingly delicious east indian/African/Ethiopian food to go, its great food at a terrible location. right near the bar/drunk people hangout area.
We ate in the restaurant and had drunk people coming in yelling and swearing at the staff, not cool.
But staff are great and so is the food, just get it to go.

2  Thank Theresa N
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Do not be distracted by the apparences of the restaurant and try the amazing curry: from Montreal to Yellowknife, so far it's the best I have had. And if you like it hot... you got it. I can not wait to try something else on the menu. The meal always comes with a warm smile, I'm hooked!

2  Thank Nat V