Capital Suites Yellowknife
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Coast Fraser Tower(Yellowknife)
Explorer Hotel(Yellowknife)
View Hotel
All reviewsstaff was friendly and accommodatingwalked everywhereliving roomfull kitchenmicrowave and fridgethe free airport shuttlewalking distancecoffee machinedowntown coreold townbed was comfortablewifialarmreceptionistfurnishingscanadastove
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 October 2012

We were in Yellowknife on business for several days and very much appreciated the Capital Suites Hotel. Front desk employees and Management were very helpful and flexible. Our rooms were most comfortable. Location was perfect. It was a bit noisy at times with adjoining rooms...but acceptable. Renovations are in process and the noise will end. Overall we would recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the newly renovated rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Bob M
Glen D, Manager at Capital Suites Yellowknife, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2012

Good Morning Bob M, I would like to thank you for your recent visit and wonderful review. We are working hard towards bringing up the level of service we offer at the desk as well as the cleanliness and level of service we offer in the rooms. It is true that some of our rooms have thin walls between between rooms this something we are working on, a solution has been found and we are waiting on approval for the project which we hope to start in the New Year. We look forward to hosting you again when you return to Yellowknife

Reviewed 4 October 2012

The first thing that struck me about the Capital Suites was that the reception staff were not predisposed to greeting their guests with a smile. In fact smiling and happy staff were in short supply - with the exception of Francis and his brother Franklin (who ran the little shop in the foyer). First impressions are lasting impressions and a warm welcome is important to a weary traveller. My room on the first floor was comfortable and reasonably clean (with the exception of somebody's toe nail clippings on the carpet in the bedroom) but the window was sealed shut (for security reasons as it was level with the street behind the hotel) and it felt claustrophobic. The walls are paper thin and I had to endure considerable disturbance from the people next door who were making noisy phone calls at 3 in the morning. Noise is a problem that the management have obviously recognised because during my stay builders were there in force installing sound proofing. Despite his lack of smiles, Glen - one of the managers - was most understanding and helpful and moved me to another room and for another $20 a day I upgraded to a suite. This was a much better room, good value, spacious and comfortable, and I don't think I would have had any complaints if I'd been given this suite at the start of my stay.

Room Tip: The rooms at the rear of the hotel are in the sunshine for most of the day and can get hot. Get a room as high as possible and at the front.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I've stayed at over 7 different hotels in this city and this is the worst one. The entrance is disgusting and old and feels like you're going into a really sketchy place. It doesn't look appealing from the outside either. The room we were in was so small that we could barely open a suitcase. The bathroom had no counter space. The rooms all have a connecting door to the next room where can you can literally hear every conversation and sound as if the people in the next room were right there with you. I hated it there. We requested to move to a different room which was was better as we didn't have noisy people next door. A few days later we upgraded to a suite which was better for more space. The only updated things here were the kitchen table and the desk. Everything is so old. I like feeling pampered when I stay at hotels and this was absolutely not it.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2012 via mobile

I come to Yellowknife on business several times a year and have stayed in most of the hotels in town. Capital Suites is by far the worst of them all. All of the carpets are stained or dirty, the halls smell like a meat locker, the cleaning staff don't care and the parking sucks. Out of the 6 days I was here my room was only "cleaned" twice and all they really did was kinda make the bed and empty the garbage can (once they never even bothered to do that). Go stay at the Coast Fraser, Explorer or even the Super 8. Avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank mp_dude45
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We traveled from BC to Yellowknife. It was easy to find the hotel off the highway and room was clean and bathrooms were clean and lots of towels which was really a big plus...the rooms were newly renovated. We got there late at night almost by midnight and checked in quickly. The bed was very softy and after a long traveling day my wife and I slept like a baby. Our room was a bit small, I guess that was ok for a short stay. Couldn't open the window for some fresh air, it was frozen.

Mark S.

Room Tip: Just ask for daily special rates before booking anywhere else.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple