“Excellent accommodations!”

Capital Suites Yellowknife
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Yellowknife
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Was in Yellowknife in October and June/July for work and they booked me into this hotel. Nice place that felt like a home away from home while there for an extended stay. I had one of the apartment suites and it was nice to have a separate living area. The bed was AMAZING! One of my coworkers is planning to buy that exact bed as he enjoyed his sleep that much. The internet was sometimes slow, but I'm not sure if that was the hotel's problem or the service in YK. Front desk staff are super friendly and willing to help out where they can. Rooms were extremely clean!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Capital Suites Yellowknife

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Room108 was clean, and bed was comfortable. Small fridge and microwave were added advantages, BUT the room was UNBEARABLY HOT even with a portable air cooling system going full blast all night. This is a problem that Management was well aware of, and a 10% discount off the full fare cost on a future stay was offered, but in my opinion is minimal compensation for such an unpleasant experience.

Room Tip: Pick a room that has a thermostat in the room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My stay in Capital Suites was really comfortable, and homely. I am staying in a suite and it is really nice and big. We have a great stay. Trish is very helpful and accommodating. Despite some administrative hiccups on my side, she readily helps us to resolve the issue. Really appreciate her effort to go the extra mile. It will definitely be my stay for my next trip to Yellowknife.

Can't comment on the swimming pool as I have no way to check it out at -42 deg outside.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Glen D, Manager at Capital Suites Yellowknife, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank You Vogaris for such a positive review for the Capital Suites Yellowknife. Yes we agree with you our 1 & 2 Bedroom suites are very comfortable & spacious which have full kitchens with 5 appliances, seperate bedrooms with a nice size washroom & a fair size livingroom space . We encourage all our staff to be accomodating & resourceful in any assistance they may offer to any of our guests at the Hotel, thank you for acknowledging one of our newest members to the staff Trish & how she was able to assist you during your stay at the Capital Suites Yellowknife. We have passed on your comments & thanked Trish for her assistance in helping you to resolve your issues. By the way we have no pool but do offer a small fitness centre available to all guests during thier stay At the Capital Suites Yellowknife. Again we Thank you for your review & we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Capital Suites Yellowknife was great!
The staff were helpful and friendly, like arriving at someone's home, the rooms were top notch. The room and its amenities were as nice or nicer (and all in proper working order)..
The lobby also had a guest computer and a nice coffee maker, the convenience of this was also greatly appreciated.

Location wise:
For someone like me travelling in business trip, Capital Suites is a big plus, as I used to come back to my room between my meetings breaks,
The manager Ali Mirza & the front office staff were very courteous.

So, don't miss all of this :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank You for your enthusiastic review Hani l. The Management & Staff at the Capital Suites have been working hard on the cleanliness & guest service response that the guest receives at the Hotel. We believe our location works well for our guest's, just a 5 minute walk to downtown Yellowknife but away from all the downtown traffic & noise. It helps that all our rooms have some form of cooking appliance, our 1 & 2 bedroom suites have full kitchens & our standard/studio suites have a micowave.Some of our rooms have the small Kuerig coffee makers however we do offer a much larger capacity Kuerig coffee maker in the Lobby area which is available to all guests.For guests that prefer to not carry their laptops with them yes we do indeed offer a computer with internet access in our lobby & a small bar fridge, hope to offer more than one at some point. Again we thank you for your stay & review & look forward to your return Hani l.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

The Capital Suites in Yellowknife offers a nice alternative to hotels in a slightly better location. If you don't mind walking a few minutes (at -20C or so) you should consider them.

First off, the front-desk staff is one the friendliest and most helpful I have ever encountered in my travels. They took a genuine interest to help us out finding winter gear to protect us from the cold. If it wasn't for them we would have become icicles frozen for a thousands years just to be uncovered by aliens in 5012 AD.

I stayed in the one-bed room suite at about US$180 a night (including all fees and taxes). Given the location I think it's a fair price. It had a nice kitchenette and living room. The room was a bit dated, but then again it's Yellowknife and not Las Vegas. My only complaint was the cleaning lady did a lousy job cleaning up the room, but maybe she/he just a bad day or two, or three. Oh and I was able to see the Aurora Borealis right out of my living room window, but I will need to thank Mother Nature for this.

As for the location, it's not the best if you want to go out. You will need to walk 10-15 minutes to get to restaurants and bars. This may sound easy, but when it's really really really cold outside it feels a long time.

Lastly, there is a free shuttle to airport - take it and save on an expensive cab ride.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Glen D, Manager at Capital Suites Yellowknife, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for your great review & sharing your comments on your stay with us Marcel B. I'm glad that you enjoyed the Spacious Rooms & our quiet location on the outskirts of Downtown Yellowknife .We believe we are an excellent alternative for those who do not wish to eat out every night, as we offer our Suites with Fully equipped Kitchens so they may cook in the comfort of thier room. I apologize about any issue's you may have had with the cleanliness of your room and have brought your comments/concerns to the attention of our Housekeeping Supervisor & all of our Housekeeper's. We have been working hard towards insuring a clean room but if it is not provided we need the assistance of the guest in letting us know on the day it happens so we may address the issue as soon as possible. Thank you again for your feedback & look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I stayed there for 12 days. The rooms were very spacious, comfy beds with clean sheets, but cleaning staff only provided minimal service. Somedays only the bed was made. Or the next day, the towels were switched. The floors were dirty, there were fingernail clippings in the carpet (not mine!) So it obviously wasn't vaccumed often. Each day was a different thing, but never a comprehensive cleaning service. One day, the staff forgot to pull my door closed after they entered to clean, and my door was left ajar all day. The manager gave me an overly justified explanation as opposed to an apology. Overall, mediocre.

• Stayed: September 2013
Glen D, Manager at Capital Suites Yellowknife, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments on your stay with us l806. I'm glad that you enjoyed the Spacious Rooms & our comfortable new Aurora bedding program that we offer at the Capital Suites . I apologize about the issue's with your room and have brought this to the attention of all of our Housekeeper's. Thank you for bringing up the issue about the door not being secure during your stay, Security is very important to us here at the Capital Suites & since it has been addressed every afternoon when the Housekeeping staff are finished the Housekeeping Supervisor does a door check. We have been working hard towards insuring a clean room but if it is not provided we need the assistance of guest in letting us know on the day it happens so we may address the issue as soon as possible. Thank you again for your feedback & look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

This is a good place to stay when in Yellowknife. This fitness room was good although it could use more weights. It is walking distance from all places downtown. I will stay here again when I come back to Yellowknife.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Glen D, Manager at Capital Suites Yellowknife, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

We thank you fortsmithman for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay with us. I couldn't agree with you more with the location of the Capital Suites Yellowknife we are just minutes to anywhere downtown without having the busy downtown noises. As far as the Fitness Centre we have just recently added a couple of new machines with future plans for more upgrades which could include a universal gym machine. Again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.