“Try this place!!!”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Yellowknife
A TripAdvisor Member
“Try this place!!!”
Reviewed 28 May 2005

What a great place to stay! I still can't get over how excellent the service was. I have travelled a lot in the North, and when I couldn;t get a room at my regualr hotel, a local reccomended Capital Suites. I will only be staying there from now on. HUGE suites - 2 bathrooms! Very good price. TRY THEM the next time you are in Yellowknife!!!!

• Stayed March 2005, travelled on business
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 February 2005

I visited Yellowknife in late November on a combined work and personal trip. My friend suggested that I try the Capital Suites because they offer complete furnished executive apartments for less than a hotel room. Restaurants in Yellowknife are few and far between and can be pretty expensive. Also I get a travel allowance from my company so if I don't spend money in restaurants, I can pocket the allowance.

The Suites (I guess it used to be called the Gardens) turned out to be a great place to stay for the 4 days I was there. The Front Desk lady was super friendly and got me settled in a nice one bedroom that is bigger than my apartment at home! The rest of the staff was helpful as well - even the cleaners were cheerful. The Suites have nice furniture, big cable TV and the kitchens have everything you need for cooking. (I ordered pizza mostly but made my own breakfast). The place even has a business center and a small gym.

The place is a couple of blocks from downtown. I walked to my meetings and was happy to have a little distance between me and the busy downtown bar scene - even though I did spend a couple of fun evenings down there. Everybody should try the "Strange Range" at least once.

I will certainly be staying there when I go back again in April. This place is so comfortable and convenient you really have to wonder why anybody would bother staying in a hotel room.

17 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travellers also viewed these Yellowknife hotels
Coast Fraser Tower
#4 of 10 in Yellowknife
Stanton Suites Hotel
Stanton Suites Hotel
#5 of 10 in Yellowknife

Been to Capital Suites Yellowknife? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Capital Suites Yellowknife

Property: Capital Suites Yellowknife
Address: 100 5603 | 50th Avenue, Yellowknife, Northwest Territories X1A 1E8, Canada
Region: Canada > Northwest Territories > Yellowknife
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Yellowknife
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2 star — Capital Suites Yellowknife 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Capital Suites Yellowknife reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Capital Hotel Yellowknife