“Very Enjoyable Stay”

Ranked #21 of 23 Yellowknife B&B and Inns
Charlottetown
“Very Enjoyable Stay”
Reviewed 19 February 2009

I recently spent three nights at the Arnica Inn and truly enjoyed my experience. The front desk staff were very helpful with all my requirements. I stayed in a two bedroom unit that was very clean; I found my bed to be very comfortable. I would recommend the hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Edinburgh
Reviewed 1 June 2007

Before moving on to the YK Inn, I spent 3 nights at the Red Coach, which contrary to previous reveiws, is a very pleasant motel-type place. Our room was spacious with 2 double beds, large TV, en-suite bathroom and full kitchenette.

I was staying with a large conference party and didn' hear any complaints about the quality of the place, although not all rooms were equipped with full kitchenette. The room was well-heated with good blackout blinds (useful for 20 hours of daylight) and on-site cafe.

It's a good motel for people who just want basic, self-catered accommodation at a reasonable price. I would stay there again

• Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank raina82
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 12 September 2006

This was a last resort hotel - I am in Yellowknife for 20 nights on a business trip and all others were booked out, but now after five nights I am desperately trying to find somewhere else and let me tell you why...

Last night as I was going to bed another guest was trying to come into my room - they had given her a key to my room and told them it was her room!!! Lucky I had the deadlock on (it can't be opened from the outside) otherwise she just would have walked in - and I could have been getting changed or having a shower or anything! Not only is this a privacy risk - it is also a security risk because if I wasn't in the room, I couldn't have locked the deadbolt, therefore she could have gotten in and I had my laptop and PDA and camera in there!!!

I also agree with the other review - the room is stuffy (the window has only a small section at the top which can be opened), the heater didn't seem to be working, there is no iron or ironing board in the room. Also, the restaurant is a completely separate business (and the quality of the food isn't very good), so they don't let you put meals on the room bill, and also it's only open from 7am to 7pm, so by the time I finished work I had to find somwhere else to eat.

Overall clean and adequate, but stay AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

• Stayed September 2006, travelled on business
6 Thank TheTravellingMuzza

Travellers are raving about these Yellowknife hotels

Crawford, Colorado
Reviewed 4 September 2006

We were very disappointed. Hot and stuffy room, no ventilation to speak of. Reservation was screwed up. After we were finally put in a room and had unloaded all our stuff, we were told we would have to move to another room. The refrigerator freezer hadn't been defrosted in a very long time and was somewhat useless. The woman who runs the restaurant was rude to my wife when she tried to get some ice. The rates have been increased substantially with apparently new owners—$109 C for 2 at senior rate. It seems there have been renovations, but the rates are too high for the experience. I would avoid this place.

• Liked — kitchenette
  • Disliked — hot and stuffy
  • Tips/Secrets — go somewhere else