“I don't know why they have so many good reviews” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embleton House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yellowknife
Embleton House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 23 Yellowknife B&B and Inns
Jiaozuo, China
“I don't know why they have so many good reviews”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2011

I found this place to be claustrophobic, the decorations are kitschy and lame. (Teddy bears sitting on top of the TV in my room? Come on.)
The photos on the website are misleading.
The door was frozen shut and I could not get out.
This was around 8 p.m. When I rang the doorbell to ask the owners to open it, they simply ignored me. I could hear them moving around in their house, but they would not come out, even after I rang the very loud doorbell.
Can you say fire hazard?

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank starlaOttawa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2011

We stayed at Embleton House during this Christmas. Ken and Faith are very friendly and helpful. We highly recommend this place. The room is very clean, and it would be cleaned up everyday. Ken and Faith are available all the time when we need help. The house is near to shoppers, KFC, YK center ( a shopping mall), Boston Pizza, Banks.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AandG2010
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2010

The hosts in this B&B are Sooooooooooooooo nice!! I traveled alone, they helped me a looooooooot during the trip. They not only give me a tour around the town using their own car, but help me book the dog sleding, aurora viewing, give me excellent advise on the stores and restaurants that worth to go in this town. And far far more beyond those, one of the strongest reason that I recommond this B&B is the host--Faith, she is really a great person who owns such a creative mind and skillful hands. She did most of the decorations by herself and each of the room is this B&B has different styles (Fantastic!!! I am so into it!! It gives me insprations on making my own room style.) Those rooms are much much more beautiful than you see from the pictures on website!!
Besides, she made Soooooooo many exquisite handcrafts by herself. After you go to the stores in town, remember to give a view of those masterpieces in Embleton House, they do worth you picking some and bringing to your families (Sadly, Before I leave yellowknife, I forgot to buy those beautiful Aurora Cards from Faith :(Remember to take those cards with you, they are truly the things that can represent yellowknife and you can't find them elsewhere. Those handmade cards are Reaaaaaaaaly value for money after you make a comparison with the cards sold in store.)The atmosphere in Embleton House give me a very warm and comfortable feeling and I did enjoy every minute I spent there with Faith and Ken, the feeling is just like being at home. I do miss Faith and ken. I will come back with my families one day!!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Joanna101221
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2010

Accommodations in Yellowknife tend to cost a bit more and Embleton House is a solid choice. Located in the newer town centre, it is just a short walk to downtown area, a couple of streets over and it gets a bit edgier. Street parking, we felt completely safe and secure. The owners were incredibly welcoming and we enjoyed our chats and we did not hear their dogs barking much and they are very friendly. Clean, comfortable room with ensuite and kitchenette, breakfast items available stocked for the duration of our stay. Computer with internet access in our room and a diverse cable tv package. Restaurant and sightseeing tips. A great choice.

905Canada

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank 905
Yellowknife, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2010

I highly recommend staying at Embleton B&B. Their suites offered so much more than the conventional hotel room does, and it was less expensive as well. I enjoyed the in-room kitchen with well stocked fridge and large bathroom facilities. Ken & Faith were great hosts, and even the dogs wagged their tails when I came "home".
Thanks for lovely Yellowknife hospitality.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Liezl_10
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2010

We have had the opportunity to stay with Faith & Ken Embletons B&B on a couple of occations. I have never felt so...at home. They cater to your every need. They even often welcomed us into their Living Quaters for dinners & refreshments.( All free to us )
We stayed in both the single rooms & a suite - as our stays were 2 & 3 weeks.
The rooms down stairs are not as large as the larger Suites / rooms - however you get what you pay for & they all have theme's & are nice. You do not want for anything.
The shared accomadations were great, just like being at home - but much cleaner - hee-he ! You get to meet, socialize & make friends from all over the world.
We have stayed at other B&B's and this couple were the most accomadating & friendliest people we have stayed with.
The breakfest foods provided were the same for the suites, and rooms ( we have stayed in both ).
As for breakfest food provided - you'd never go hungry. They provide pretty well everything / anything one would desire for breakfest & as much as you like - daily.
You can make yourself Coffee/Tea, and food anytime of day. It's such a relaxing place to stay.
They also have a small outdoor, very private roofed Patio - where you can go in your PJ's & slippers to eat your breakfest, or have your Coffee or on those hot Summer Nights when you just want to relax with your bottle of Wine.
The entire place is spotless, with an abundance of fluffy, fresh Towels daily.
No one could expect a discount, when they offer their services 24/7. They gave us rides down town & sight seeing - all free of charge. They welcomed & treated us like family.

In Yellowknife there are Street People ( addicts & drugs ) like in every City - however Ken & Faiths B&B is located on a quiet road, away from the down town core.
We felt very save there, for Ken & Faith live in the premises/ making sure that everyone is always secure, the yard is gated & fenced in & all doors are always locked with key Codes ( provided).
As smokers we were welcome to smoke only out doors on their decks & Patio with Ken, where he was always very friendly & full of information. Smokers are most often treated like & feel like out cast. Here - it felt like home - away from home.
Ken does not ever smoke in-doors, even at -40 C for the sake of their valued customers.
Thumbs up - Ken & Faith !!! We are looking forward to staying with you again sometime.
Bravo !!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jessnorth
Wallace River, Nova Scotia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2010

We were put in the tiniest bedroom and yet charged the same rate as much larger rooms. One would think a 14-night stay would get a better rate as well - BUT NO! There is no parking except on the street, and our rental car had its back window bashed in by vandals. The host smokes and we often smelled the smoke in our BASEMENT room. There was very little ventilation or natural light. The nights were hot and very uncomfortable. The only thing I can say positive is that the place is really clean. The breakfast food provided is poor (fake juice for instance, freezer-burned white bread), and the bathroom is right off the kitchen, making for unpleasant odors to go with breakfast. Being close to the downtown core is a blessing and a curse, as there are a lot of drunks and drug addicts around. We would NEVER recommend Embleton House under any circumstances.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple