Yellow Dog Lodge
US$110
  • Restaurant
Explorer Hotel(Yellowknife)
US$179
Bayside Bed & Breakfast(Yellowknife)(Great Value!)
US$98
Aurora Yellowknife Jenny's(Yellowknife)(Great Value!)
US$94
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsno shortagefishmidnight sunaaronpikeadventurelakerswildernesslandaurora
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Wonderful lodge with the nicest people-we have been there now at least 4 times.Highly recommend if you want peace and quiet with all the mod-cons.Great fishing and some of the most spectacular scenery in the world-great hot -tub under the stars and aurora borealis

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I visited the lodge a few years back. It was clean, comfortable, with first rate boats and gear. The sauna was just fine too. I didn't try the hot tub. They did a nice job taking cafe of me. The food was good and hearty in that meat and potatoes kind of way, and far more than I could ever ever eat. The young fellow who took me around was a delight. I went primarily to fly fish for pike. I got 13 or so all around 30 to 39 inches (plus a bunch of smaller guys) the first night and saw one more that made the 39 incher' look small. The pike fishing tailed off after that but never actually stopped. The scenery was the most memorable part for me. Just beautiful. The only suggestion I would give is don't let the lodge owner smoke you any fish it was just awful.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Brian B
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This was our first time in the NWT, and thanks to Gord and his crew we fell in love with the area and with the folks at the lodge. Fishing was great, scenery was incredibly beautiful, the lodge was clean, neat, and well equipped with everything:
from hot tub to steam baths,
from private rooms to friendly living room,
from Internet to "dog house" tent-cabin,
from immediate supply store with fishing supplies to clean, comfortable, and well-kept boats, from outdoor patio to laundry room
from fresh smoked fish to great shore lunches
- everything one might dream of on such a vacation. Garrett's (THE guide) nose for fish was like a bloodhound's - incredible. We enjoyed the fact that we were not crowded with unwanted and ill-fitting luxuries such as a fitness center in the middle of the wilderness. This trip delivered more than was promised! We definitely hope to go back.

Room Tip: Rooms are all great, as was the float tent.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank V D
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I visited the lodge this summer on a work retreat with 5 other colleagues. No cell reception meant we could all getaway from work. ( internet was available) Gord offered a friendly welcome and made sure all guests felt at home. Heddy had homecooked meals for us 3 times a day and our Prime Rib feast on friday out on the deck was memorable. None of us were fisherman but Gord still helped us out, got us geared up as we went out cruising in the boats. We ended up all catching a nice sized fish. I would highly recomend this property for fishing or simply relaxing.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Terry R
Reviewed 31 August 2012 via mobile

Great daily meals, remarkable trips out on the lakes, fishing adventures and the most comfortable lodge building ever. This was truly an amazing experience that started with a short float plane ride out of Yellowknife. As city kids, Gord (the owner) went out of his way to show us the best fishing spots, scope out the wildlife and even spot a bear or two ( at a distance, happily). You'll spend no time in the room, as you'll be too busy enjoying the lodge or eating. Worth every cent of the cost of a trip from Toronto. Campfires, a hot tub, even early Northern Lights ( if you ask, he'll wake you up for them). I just got home, and I wantto go back already.

• Stayed: August 2012