“Torn between 1 and 2 stars”
Review of Boston Pizza

Boston Pizza
Ranked #28 of 74 Restaurants in Yellowknife
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Ottawa, Canada
“Torn between 1 and 2 stars”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

As a celiac, I constantly seek out for restaurants for some decent gluten free good in Yellowknife. My colleagues suggested that we should go to BP, so I was really glad that BP actually has some GF option.
Quite a bit of selections from their GF menu, and I decided on the salmon with jumbo shrimps on the side. I understand that I cannot expect too much in Yellowknife, but it was absolutely disastrous. My salmon was dry (it made cardboard tastes moist), it had that off taste which made me to believe it was frozen (ironic), AND it was definitely re-heated. It was gross. That was the WORST piece of fish I had in Yellowknife or anywhere in North America.
Now let’s talk about that jumbo shrimps side order. I don’t understand how anyone can call a shrimp that is less than 2cm Jumbo. And then, it was dry and rubbery. It costed me $5 for that. Because I didn’t want to make a scene in front my colleague, so I only ate a little bit of it and had the server to take it away. It was just so bad.
I would have given this location a rating of 1. But because it has gluten free menu option, and I did not get sick due to that cardboard salmon and the jumbo tiny shrimps, so I give it a two. I went down the road to House of Saigon for Vietnamese noodles afterwards and it was satisfying and only cost me half of my meal at BP
Advise, order anything but seafood. Go somewhere else for seafood.

• Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Ottawa, Canada
“Open on Sunday Evening - Good Food and Beer”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Most restaurants in Yellowknife appear to be closed on a Sunday evening. However, Boston Pizza is open and serves good food and beer at reasonable prices.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Blue_Quill
Yellowknife, Canada
“BP's open late, usually good food, Gluten Free options”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

BP's YK is one of the only places open late and the food is usually good, they also have gluten free options.
Lately the menu has changed and the prices have gone up, so that's too bad, its becoming too expensive for the quality of food, especially since they microwave most of it.
However it is a good place to eat in YK.
When we travel south, we go anywhere but...

Visited November 2013
“Didn't follow order instructions :(”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Unfortunely I ordered our dinner to go and gave clear instructions along with it (even written on the receipt they gave me). There were NO patrons in the restaurant at all but they messed up. Never gave me the ketchup, mustard, mayo and hot sauce on the side as asked. In fact I did not receive any of the items requested on the side or otherwise. I am a visitor to yk and have always been happy with BP's in other communities. With no patrons in the restaurant there is really no excuse for the bad service. I won't go back. My advice if ordering items to go ..... Check on everything before you leave the restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
Yellowknife, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good pizza!”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I would like to begin by saying this is my first review of anything I've done in yellwknife and it was prompted by the absolutely phenomenal meal I just had! Easily some of the best (if not the best) pizza I've ever eaten! Budget friendly too! Can't go wrong!

• Visited June 2013