“Fantastic meal”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Yukon
“Fantastic meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

I found this busy little place on my last night in Yellowknife & decided to splurge. It is pricey, but it was worth it. French onion soup was exceptionally good. I also had the pork, which was delicious. Peanut butter Cheesecake was sinfully good!

I did not have a reservation but was dining alone so I sat at the bar. Reservations would definitely be needed for a bigger party. The place was packed. Service was good & prompt. I never felt rushed or ignored.

I'll definitely return here next time I'm in Yellowknife.

• Visited February 2013

Los Angeles
“Tasty food... Service? What service?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

Was visiting Yellowknife for the first time, and on our last day, we decided to spoil ourselves with some good dining. We ordered the French onion soup, the pork chop, and the arctic char. The foods came out promptly and the food tasty. The restaurant itself looks nice and cozy, and we liked the vibe. The disappointing factor was the almost non-existence of table service. It was a busy Friday night, and the tables looked fully booked, but it almost looked like they were understaffed. Took forever for the drink to be served, and we had to ask for silverware and napkins twice 'after' the foods arrived at our table. At least the staff was apologetic and acknowledge the issue.

• Visited January 2013
Surrey, Canada
“Could have been better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012

I came here as it had a good review but the food was mediocre. I had a delicious chowder that was supposed to be served with bannock but they either don't know what bannock is or think the customer doesn't. Just an inedible bisquick type bun.

Saskatoon
“Great quality of food, adequate service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by how delicious the venison was. It was not even slightly "gamey", but I would have been ok with a little.

Big wine list, but nothing from Argentina.

The restaurant was cold, but after it filled up the combined body heat kept the room a little warmer.

Vancouver, Canada
“expected more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

we were excited to try the arctic char chowder and bannock as it is "local fare" but the bannock was like a bisquick biscuit. When we advised them that it wasnt actually bannock and we'd hoped for that, i was surprised they only said "oh" and dropped off the cheque. It would have been nice to have a slight discount for the disappointment. I dont think i'd go back