“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Canadian
Mass
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I personally stopped to check out Saltscapes for an upcoming Serendipity Traveler Tour and was thoroughly disappointed. The food was mediocre and the service while adequately pleasant was painfully slow.
Nova Scotia has so many wonderful chef owned and corporate owned restaurants we are used to dining well whether for lunch or dinner. We cannot recommend either lunch or dinner here until radical changes occur in food quality, customer service and delivery of excellence.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank travellady8

Kentville, Canada
“Consistent food...service friendly”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Probably the third time at Saltscapes. Off the highway near Truro...a nice change from roadside fast food places. We arrived Monday around 4:30 and restaurant was empty but did start to fill up. Very large area with plenty of seating. Nova Scotian music playing...maybe a bit loud for my taste. The staff all very cheery and helpful. The food good...not great. I had fish cakes with a choice of two sides. My pick the coleslaw..very good and baked beans good but obviously reheated. My husband the meatloaf...okay (he's a meatloaf lover) but again looked liked reheated in micro. The fries crisp. As in previous times a solid meal and a great change from fast food...family diner. Accompanying gift shop usually a great selection of quality Nova Scotian giftware, however could be poor timing but looked almost empty at this time for the amount of space. Again could be timing of seasonal giftware...usually worth the stop just to shop...

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank 470JimB470
Bridgewater, Canada
“Third time your out”
Reviewed 4 May 2013

this was my third trip within the last year i must say it was horriable. They have really downsize the menu, also they should hire some staff it was not that busy and we had to wait 1 hr for a meal that was cold no taste no flavour need to hire a creative chef. the chef salad was suppose to come with ranch dressing as stated on the menu instead their was blueberry yuck. our cofffe was not refllled, had to flag her down to get some did not check to see if meal was ok several other diners had to flag the server down to order after sitting 30 min. the food is not even good. i hope that your magazine is run better than your restaurant you should stick with what you do best. i will not go back and waste my money again.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank sasha j
Truro, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Hit or Miss”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I've eaten here a few times now and it's still hard to rate... Sometimes I've gone and the food is great, other times I've gone and the food was pretty awful. I like the atmosphere and the store, and the service is great, but as the title says, food is "hit or miss". I've found the salads to be delicious each time, but the main courses have mainly been a disappointment. Will probably go again, but without high expectations!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Heather H
Truro, Canada
“Amazing”
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I took my elderly dad and my husband to Saltscapes for Valentine's Day (the night before) and all food was half price for seniors fifty five and older with the purchase of a drink. The portions were large, the service was fast and effificent and my dad, who is hard to please, raved about the fish cakes. There are nine sides of which you can pick two to go with your entree. The only down side was the atmosphere. The restaurant was bright and open and I like a more intimate atmosphere and privacy. We will be back, especially on Wednesdays!

• Visited February 2013