“Clean and Comfortable”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Shelburne
Halifax
“Clean and Comfortable”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed a weekend at MacKenzie's. The room was clean and comfortable. Beds are comfortable. The staff friendly and helpful.

However, you do get a little road noise in the motel part during the day as it's off one of the main roads. Not too bad at night of course as Shelburne is a small town and things die down at night.

No problem recommending MacKenzie's as a place to stay in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed in one of the motel rooms and found it to be quite comfortable and it had everything we needed for a good night's rest. The bed was most comfortable.

The hostess was very friendly and helpful in giving directions and suggestions for dining.

You can easily walk to the downtown and waterfront from the motel. Your walk will take you through a very well treed and pretty town.

The motel was quiet and allowed for a good nights sleep. Breakfast was waiting for us when we got up and was a nice start to the day.

Room Tip: Given its location, any room would be fine.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lubnatsi
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at Mackenzies for a week. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast perfect. The short walk to downtown Shelburne is beautiful. The staff was friendly and very welcoming. I will stay here every time I visit Shelburne!

Thank you!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Last summer I took a 40,000 km, 51 day excursion from Alberta to Newfoundland and back to British Columbia. I visited countless towns, villages and cities. I stayed in numerous lodgings. Mackenzie's Motel and Cottages was at the top of my list for accommodations. A local family run operation in one the prettiest, historical towns I had seen, Shelburne, NS. The unit I stayed in was top notch, super clean, well cared for and reasonably priced. Most important was the management team of Sandi and Jim. A couple who have a connection and pride to the town, it's fishing and boat building history. It was refreshing to converse with real genuine down homers. Talking to Jim, over breakfast, about fishing and fishing boats was very enlightening, especially as a westerner with little knowledge of the East Coast. I'll be back.
Note; It's Seafood Chowder not clam chowder. Rod Astle, Victoria, BC

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I stayed here the first two weeks of September/2013 with my Dad who is in a wheelchair. We had searched several places for an accessible place to stay and was told to try this place. I am so glad we did,what a place. Clean,cozy,and very " accessible" So many places say they are but they are not. This place was amazing,the people are so friendly and helpful. I am from this area originally but had moved away over 25 years. I would have never even thought of this place,so I am grateful that someone did. Thanks so much for the wonderful stay,the cabin " Crosby " was so nice and the pond outside was really peaceful and familiar. I would recommend this place and will to all my friends who travel in this area..... Thanks again Sandra and Jim and all the housekeeping Ladies,you made my visit with Dad extra special....Monique Gohier Wilson.

Room Tip: I only stayed the once in the Crosby Cabin but a friend who stayed here allot said all the rooms wer...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
sandrajim, Front Office Manager at Mackenzie's Motel and Cottages, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Here at Mackenzies we try to make your stay convenient for all our clients. Our Crosby cottage is fully wheelchair/handicap accessible, and we are glad you were comfortable with us. Thank you for staying with us.
Lee's Summit, MO
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This was the first "motel" I had stayed in in a very long time. You just don't see them any more in midwest USA. Quite a surprise! Very clean and quite up to date. The bathroom is very small, but how many times are you in there?? Flat screen TV, frig and microwave. A good assortment for breakfast, enough to get your day started. Friendly staff. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Mackenzies for your vacation. We pride ourselves for our cleanliness and the home away from home experience. Our staff is there to assist you with all the questions of travelling...where to eat, activities in the area, or where to find the local grocer
Hope to see you again..
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

I'm from Shelburne and got married there mid September.

The honeymoon suite is private, very large with its own kitchen, bathroom with jacuzzi tub, king sized bed.

It was very clean and it was the most luxurious room I've ever stayed in, it puts some sandals resorts to shame it's that nice.

The owner also left us chocolates and pink champagne for the occasion. Could not have asked for more.

Our friends and wedding party stayed in rooms in the other building and cottages and I great time was had by all.

Thanks Mackenzie cottages !!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Nsmichelle
Our upstairs suite or as some say the "honeymoon" suite is very luxurious by far, and we try to make that special night an unforgettable one. The suite is also great for those who choose to stay a few days, as there is a full kitchen at arms reach.....thanks for sharing your special day with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelburne
Wildwood Motel
#1 of 5 in Shelburne
Argyle By The Sea Bed and Breakfast
Whispering Waves Cottages
Lockeport Landing B&B and Cafe

Been to Mackenzie's Motel and Cottages? Share your experiences!