“The best burgers, Fish and Fries on the South Shore” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Shelburne
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a fully licensed pub and eatery. We serve fresh seafood, gourmet burgers, pulled pork, hand cut fries and fresh made in house salads, sauces and coleslaw. We support local breweries and wineries. Live music from local performers, DJ dances and a Jukebox. We also do caterings on site and off site.
Halifax, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best burgers, Fish and Fries on the South Shore”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

I have eaten here several times and have never been disappointed! Their selection of burgers are truly gourmet style and their haddock bits are mouth watering not to mention their home cut fries.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Peter M

Canada
“Great Fish & Chips”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

I had haddock pieces - lovely white fish in a good-tasting batter that was not too thick. Chips were thin cut - not greasy. My husband had a haddock burger - nice thick piece of fish with lettuce etc - he had chips too. There were quite a few cars already there when we got there but the wait wasn't too long. There is a mini-golf next to the take-out. We took our dinner and went and sat looking at the lighthouse and light on the water at Sandy Point. Really nice...

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Polygona
Montreal, Canada
“Even Better than the picture”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

I had seen pictures of the meals here on the web before my trip. Being from Montreal, I wanted to try something we don't get at home. I went with the Haddock bits & fries & the fried mushrooms. Hat's off to the chef, they were great. The restaurant is clean & friendly, the portions are definitely not going to leave you hungry, and if you are really full you can put in a round of mini golf attached to the restaurant to work it off. I would gladly return the next time I am in the Shelburne area.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank annach61
Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great burgers and fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012

We were passing through Shelburne and saw a sign at Tim Hortan's for The Ship's Galley. Because we were only passing through we wanted something quick to eat.
I had a "Galley" burger and my son had the Regular size Haddock Bits. The price seemed a little high at first for the haddock bits, but once we saw the portion, it was worth it. If you don`t have a huge appetite, I would reccomend the small.
Everything was prepared when we ordered it, and all looked and tasted surprisingly fresh for a small fast food joint. The Galley Burger came fully loaded with everything including bacon.. It was probably the best burger I have had in a long time. If you ever find youself in Shelburne, and are craving an order of fish and chips, or a burger, this is THE place to go.
We also noticed coffee and breakfast on the menu, which is a nice change from Tim Hortans every time we are near town.
The only complaint that I had was that this is only take-out, and it was raining when we went. All in all, we really enjoyed our meal.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Jimmy D
halifax
“Not your average take out!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

Fresh, hot, crispy...not your average takeout. Added touches like toasting the burger bun...my husband is not easily imjpressed and he really LOVED his burger. The french fries were cooked to perfection - crisp but not greasy - The fish bits were melt-in-your mouth with crispy panko coating. A small portion was more than most restaurants serve in a sit-down dinner. Want to go back and try different things!

• Visited July 2012