“Excellent meal and service”

Charlotte Lane Cafe & Crafts
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Shelburne
Price range: US$7 - US$29
Cuisines: Canadian, International, Soups
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Welcome to Charlotte Lane Cafe & Gift Shop.Best Small Restaurant in Nova Scotia Award from RANS 2013, Best Restaurant Chef Inspired Casual Dining by Taste of NS 2011, Best Restaurant outside of HRM by Chronical Herald. Follow the fabulous aromas down our quaint little lane in the historic district of Shelburne, Nova Scotia, step inside our heritage building and enjoy the warm hospitality and fine dining. Our restaurant offers innovative dishes and fine wines presented with attentive service in a cheerful setting. Since opening in 1995 we have attracted loyal and appreciative clients from near and far, and we invite you to join this happy circle.
Hantsport, Canada
“Excellent meal and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We ate at Charlotte's Lane last evening and we were warned without a reservation, we likely would not get in. We tried anyway and although they were very busy, the hostess fit us in. It was delish!! would definitely go there again! A great meal.

• Visited June 2014

Halifax
“Good Meal But Not Excellent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

The food was good for the most part. Nice flavour to the chowder. Wasn't too heavy or too light.

I had the Pork Tenderloin Zurich Style as a main. Pork was tender and cooked well but found it, as I did the chowder, a little over seasoned (salt). That may just be me as I'm sensitive to salt. But good flavour overall as was the creamy demi-glace sauce. However, the rosti potato on my plate was a little too greasy for my liking.

The Peanut Butter Cream Pie was a disappointment. Sorry, folks, maybe I've spoiled myself in making them over the years. I think the main turn off was the pre-chopped peanuts sprinkled on top. I assume that's what was used. I never care for them as they develop a stale muted taste. There wasn't a wow factor to it as well. Using milk and dark chocolate along with freshly chopped roasted peanuts or honey roasted peanuts may make it sing!

Too be fair, I was with a dinner party and everyone else was extremely pleased with their meal. And the other dishes looked great. So it may have been just mine or having a culinary arts degree and having worked in the industry I've become a little too picky.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Aaron W
Newport, Rhode Island
“Excellent service and meal in a beautiful town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Ate at Charlotte Lane on the suggestion of folks at the Cooper's Inn and the meal and service was excellent. I hope to be able to enjoy this wonderful spot again in the future!

Visited June 2014
Montreal, Canada
“A gem with superb food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

We had dinner at Charlotte Lane Café, The food was excellent: fresh seafood for my Pasta Marina. Plenty of lobster, shrimps, mussels and scallops. I did not even need to touch the pasta. Everyone enjoyed his, her dish. The desserts were also well presented and very tasty. Big portions too. To crown the experience, the service was excellent, eager to please and attentive despite a full dining room.
If you are in Shelburne, it is worth trying this place.

• Visited June 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“What a Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

The menu offered a good selection of not standard food. The meals are one of a kind, well prepared and a wonderful dining experience. Your hosts are fantastic people, very welcoming and friendly.

A little more expensive than a regular restaurant but well worth the money.

Did I mention the craft beers available?

Visited May 2014