We had a party of 15, and we stayed at the Old Orchard Inn & Spa while in the area for "Mud Hero" events. We were able to book our rooms all together in a block which was nice. The rooms vary a little in size, but the bathrooms were a nice size, and the beds were very comfortable. Yes, the tile in the bathroom is a little 70's-ish, but if you are there to have a good time with friends then bathroom tile shouldn't be something that will bother you! :) The deck outside has amazing views and the pool is right underneath the deck.
We arrived the weekend that the area was hit with Tropical Storm Arthur. Saturday morning the hotel lost power around 9am. Because of this, all of the smoke detectors in the rooms were going off all over the hotel. The room attendants were very quick about disabling them. The hotel had a generator, and the emergency lighting was still available, and we were still able to get a nice hot breakfast from the kitchen, though it did take a little bit longer than usual. It was completely understandable given the circumstances! Everyone who asked for one was given a flashlight to take to their room. I was also impressed that during the power outage that the hotel was hosting a wedding that seemed to go off without a hitch.
Power still was not restored when we checked out on Sunday, but we were offered a complimentary continental breakfast which was nice.
All in all our stay was very comfortable, the staff were for the most part great, and the food good. I would stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort Property centrally located in the Beautiful Annapolis Valley surrounded by Orchards, Tides and Wineries. 100 well-appointed A/C rooms and FREE internet (mixture of Kings, Queens and Doubles with 2 barrier-free) and 29 seasonal cabins. Spectacular views. Dining room, lounge. indoor pool, hot tub, sauna, fitness room, sundeck, tennis; scenic walks. Full service Spa; business services; reception & conference facilities. Bay of Fundy Recommended Experience. 5 km to shopping, golf and major attractions like Grand Pre National Historic Park and Hall's Harbour fishing Village and world's highest tides. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Old Orchard Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Orchard Hotel Wolfville
- Old Orchard Inn And Spa
- Old Orchard Inn & Spa Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada