“Clean and quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Roselawn Lodging

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wolfville
Roselawn Lodging
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wolfville
Truro, Canada
“Clean and quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

I spent one night there this past weekend. When I first called I was concerned about the fact that they rent to students during the school year. There was no need for concern, as it was very quiet. They have a nice pool, barbecue and tennis court for guest use, as well as a play area for kids. I can see where this would be a really nice spot for families for an extended stay. The grounds are well kept and the room was spotless. I always bring my own shampoo, etc. but there was more than enough provided there. They also provided extra pillows and blankets if you needed it. There was plenty of hot water for my lengthy shower! I had wanted a cottage but they were all booked. When I called, they asked if I had a problem with stairs, I said no, as I usually don't so was given a second floor room. Unfortunately, I was having some problems with my ankle so it was a little bit difficult climbing the stairs, which are fairly steep, but that was just something unexpected. I would suggest that anyone elderly or with mobility issues take a ground floor room. I was very happy with the room, the grounds, and the peace and quiet. My room was well back off the street, so there was no noise from cars passing by. The service was friendly and welcoming. My only suggestions would be that the stair rail going up to the second floor be extended to reach beyond the top step, as it would help if anyone needed to use the rail for balance; and perhaps rails on both sides of the stairs. Also, as their budget permits, larger flat-screen TVs would be nice, as you can get 32 inch TVs quite cheaply now. Would be a nice upgrade. Overall, I was quite content there and would stay there again. It was a nice spot at a very good price :)

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues or are elderly, choose a room on the ground floor or a cottage.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Ann W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Where do I start. We spent 12 days at Roselawn Lodging and it was fabulous. We had a cabin, seperate bedroom, fully equipped kitchen and comfortable living room seating and dining area. Just like having a one bedroom apartment. Lovely grounds - nice place to sit outside in the morning for coffee. Laundry on site - very handy. The management was exceptional in getting us all set up making sure we had internet - this was very important for us. Some of the cabins didn't have internet and that would likely be our only negative comment. This is such an easy fix and it would make a lot of people happy. The staff, from the girls coming in to clean and change laundry, etc. to the grounds keeper. Everyone was so very friendly and always had a smile and a pleasant 'hello'. Nice looking swimming pool and BBQ area - we walked around the grounds every evening. We said many times during our stay that it was so comfortable we could live here all year round. We would both recommend this 'gem of a place' with the highest points. If we are ever going to be back in this area or any family or friends we will be looking for a reservation here. A short 5 minute drive and you are in Wolfville which is a very interesting town. Beautiful Acadia University there as well.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights in a cottage facing the Main Street...we called ahead to inquire about vacancy as we were on the tail end of a 3 week vacation with our 3 and 7 year olds. The lady was very pleasant and said she would hold the room as I was only 5 mins away. Upon arriving, she was extremely friendly and remembered my name, checking was a breeze and advised us that she had tennis racquets for the courts if we needed. The kids loved the pool which had kids toys (the little croc was my 3 yr olds fav). The common area for bbq'g had was clean. The town is very beautiful; a gem is the farmers market at the end of town with the petting area (goats, chickens, etc) which we were offered a freshly lad egg. Great gem/great value! Worth the stay for sure!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Yarmouth, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

A lovely little motel, so quaint I fell in love and will return :)
It is very handy to everything in Wolfville, and also very
quiet. A very pleasant surprise, the rooms are so
inviting. The workers very pleasant as well.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
New Glasgow, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

My husband and I stayed on Aug. 18, 2013. (Cabin7A) We needed only one night as we were heading to Berwick for the Youth Choir Camp concert. Because our daughter had to remain for the NS Youth Choir rehearsal on Sunday, we decided to stay in Wolfville for the night. To say we were pleasantly surprised would be an understatement. The only way we could compare the conditions at Roselawn now, to what they were 18 years ago is to say they were like night and day.
Our cabin was very nicely appointed. The bed was extremely comfortable and there were extra blankets and pillows. All the rooms in the cabin were spotlessly clean, and the bathroom was as nice as any I've seen in the high-end hotels in Halifax. Since we were at the back end of the building, we heard absolutely no street noises, and the only outdoor sounds were those of the wind rustling the leaves in the many beautiful old trees in the area behind us.
We've decided that when Choir Camp rolls round next year, we'll try to book in for three or four days so our daughter can spend some time exploring the beautiful Annapolis Valley with us.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Nova Scotia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

We had housekeeping unit 203. It was recently renovated and spotlessly clean with comfy beds and a full kitchen. We were two couples and really enjoyed having a table to play dominoes in the evening.Very quiet and nice property with tennis courts, swimming pool and a kids' play area with plenty of lawn chairs for the adults.

Room Tip: Room 203 was the perfect 2 bedroom choice for us.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Lower Sackville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Very clean, Can bbq, cook in, play tennis, swim and just a twenty minute walk to all conveniences. Very solid sounding and slept great! Wolfville is a great place to visit. We stayed in a 3 bedroom and there were tons of cupboard and closet spaces. We had a ton of clean towels and face clothes. Bring hand soap!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wolfville
Old Orchard Inn & Spa
#5 of 10 in Wolfville
Beach Breeze Motel
Beach Breeze Motel
#1 of 1 in Grand Pre

Been to Roselawn Lodging? Share your experiences!