“Very pleasant lunch”

Cafe Restaurant Compose
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: Austrian, Seafood, European, Canadian
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Restaurant Composé is an authentic Austrian Restaurant. We offer a range of traditional Austrian Food. Furthermore our professional Chefs create extraorinary seafood-dishes with the "Special european Touch" Amazing waterview and excellent Service grant an unforgettable experience for you!
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very pleasant lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

The staff was friendly and professional. The food was very good, we both had salads for our lunch. The scallops were very, very good. Overall a very pleasant experience, especially the view. It is a bit more expressive than what we're used to, but that is what vacations are for.

• Visited May 2014

Nova Scotia
“Lack of Lobster for Such High Prices!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We have eaten here a few times over the years and as time goes by, our disappointment in the lack of lobster in their dishes and the higher prices has us concerned. The food is very good but if you are going to charge $23 for lobster linguine and there is barely any lobster in the dish, something is very wrong. Yes, we know that you want to make money but when you continue to do something like this when we have made previous comments to wait staff, it is up to the owner to make sure that you please your customers. I don't expect to see a whole lobster in the dish but I expect to see more than three or four tiny pieces of lobster and one very small claw especially when lobster is so inexpensive to buy in Nova Scotia. The risotto dish also has the same issues. The owner can also be very abrupt with customers as we have witnessed. She needs to trust her staff that they will be able to provide sufficient service since we have never had a bad experience with wait staff. With some simple changes, the restaurant could easily return to its former excellent reviews and we hope that the owner will take our advice.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank gingyNovaScotia
White Rock, Canada
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely cozy cafe offering a good selection. We both had the schnitzel which was very good but it was made of pork versus veal. Evening was cool so unable to sit on the outside deck, which looked wonderful. Server was very courteous and attentive

Visited June 2014
Redditch, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Ate here on our second night. We did not have a reservation but should imagine in high season it would be best to book., The food was well cooked I had the Thai haddock and scallops and my husband the Digby scallops. Both were excellent. Dessert we shared as there was only one slice of apple strudel left so we had a slice of the pecan tart too. Scrummy!!

Visited June 2014
Victoria, Canada
“Not everything it appears to be”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I can hardly believe the positive reviews on Cafe Compose are for the same restaurant I went to. I agree that the food was quite tasty, but in my opinion it was overpriced for what I got. Soup, salad and tea for lunch was over $30. However, that wasn't the real problem.The owner spoiled my experience by berating the sever in front of me and others in the restaurant. Not only did the owner micromanage the server who was about to seat my friend and I, stepping in to tell her to seat us at the very seat she was taking us to, she later accused the server of stealing $5.00 off of a table. I could hardly wait to get out of there. I did ask the owner to please be sure that the sever got my tip (included in the bill paid by credit card) and she was very defensive and rude. I sure hope that sever found a different job, she was a lovely young woman.

• Visited May 2014