“Pay Pay Pay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Annapolis Royal
The Cove Oceanfront Campground
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We booked (4) nights and I did tell them at the time of booking that we might have to leave one night early. No problem on the phone, but a different story on arrival. The sites are very short - first time we've had trouble fitting in a site with a 28ft motorhome. I was told on the phone that kayaking from the campground would not be a problem...well if your willing to cross some pretty treacherous rocks then not too bad. The kayaking was the only reason we went there.

The fees. Some how a $39.95 site for 4 nights cost $207.00. There certainly are some hidden fees. The wood was $9.50 for (8) pieces.

They were helpful, and the campground is clean, but there really is little to do for children. There is a play area and a pool but nothing else.

They bill it as the perfect place to use as a base for touring, but it's over the mountain, so if that's what your looking for it's very expensive.

I have to wonder what kind of financial circumstances they are in that they don't give refunds or let you reduce the number of days your staying. when I booked on line I said four, when we got there and registered circumstances had changed so we needed to leave a day early..to bad so sad. You booked it you pay for it.

The campground was almost empty for the time we were there and it was in the peak vacation time, I think that says it all!

5  Thank SidT

Reviewed 23 July 2013

The Oceanfront Campground is a great place to stay, the staff our very friendly, the camping offers amazing ocean views, it is very quit , the campground is very clean, they also have a nice clean pool, I would recommend this campground , and great weather by the sea.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

I can't add much to other reviews. Like most folks said, there are lots of fees. The sites are OK. But they are grass, short, and (again) unless you pay for a site with a view you are probably going to be looking at your neighbor's camper on the opposite side of the road. I think to see the view of a sunset from here take a chance on one night and be cheap - get only as little as you need. I stayed here in a motorhome (which was on a weak & poor 30amp circuit.

Room Tip: If you want a view guaranteed pay for it.
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Not sure where those other people were but we were at the Cove Oceanfront Campground Parkers Cove Annapolis Royal Nova Scotia. This was an amazing campground with spectacular views of the Bay of Fundi and there beautiful sunsets. The owners and staff were very friendly and helpful always making sure we had whatever we needed! The campground is very clean with spacious sites and a beautiful pool and rec room. My daughter is 11 years old and she can't wait to visit again along with my mother, my husband and myself. Thankyou for so many beautiful memories!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Denise P
Reviewed 27 October 2012

We were there in October 2012, there were no lower rates for after season campers. They charge 0.50 cents for 5 min. of hot water and hidden fees on top of the official camping fees. We cannot recommend them and would not go there again. The beach front is very rocky and therefore unusable. The bathrooms were clean but there was only one shower. The sheet with many rules was unreasonable and rude. Internet is not free either, if you are not staying longer than one night. They charge for EVERY little THING. And when you leave they do not even have a sign that says: Thank you for your visit. We believe they do not want our business, so don't stay there.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Heike A
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Whatever you do, don't stay here. The best part about the place was their website. So, so disappointed. We actually cut our vacation short because it was to crappy and because they pissed us off so much.

Issues
They encourage you to book as many days as you think you may need, and don't tell you they have a no refund policy. (I booked on the phone)
The staff joked about how expensive it is when I was checking in.
Hidden fees. pay extra to shower $.50 for 6 minutes, pay $5 to request a certain site even though the nightly rates vary depending on the location. PLUS, the 11 other fees that I took a picture of. (see my picture in this review)

After our one night of tenting, we ended up paying $198. Crazy!!! for tenting!!!!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank thecamperfromsj
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I couldn't agree more with most of the other comments, except we missed out on the petting zoo. I am surprised they don't charge for the coyote visits. Undoubtly the most overpriced, over rated, crowded sited rv park we have ever stayed in. Makes KOA feel like a widerness experience. After they have your money, you are on your own, unless it is to spend more. Oh, and WiFi, forget it. Excuse is no band width, and too many people want to use it. The place was damn near empty. There are too many other courteous RV parks where they value customers. Only thing that will help is new management.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple