This was a hotel selected for our Backroads bicycling trip. It is a beautiful home with many lovely bedrooms. I was able to see the majority of them but loved the ones our friends and I had (rooms 1 and 10). Made to order breakfasts were delicious and fast. We were tired one even g and wanted to stay in so the owners suggested a grocery store and then even loaned us their car. Doesn't get much better! Lovely yard with deer roaming in the morning and evening. Pleasant sitting areas inside and outside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our distinctive inn is located in historic Annapolis Royal minutes from one of the oldest European settlements in the New World, Port Royal. Built as an Inn in 1859 the Hillsdale House has catered to many famous persons, including George V of England in 1884. The Inn has a long standing tradition of providing gracious accommodations set in idyllic surroundings. Our 13 guest rooms are all individually decorated with antiques and all have private en-suite baths. The property offers an estate setting on 12 acres of land with mature trees, manicured lawns, and fine gardens. Hillsdale House Inn is just a short walk to a number of shops, restaurants and attractions, such as the Annapolis Royal Historic Gardens, Fort Anne National Historic Site and the O'Dell Museum. We are also just a short drive to the Habitation at Port Royal, a national historic site, and the shores of the Bay of Fundy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hillsdale House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hillsdale House Hotel Annapolis Royal
- Hillsdale House Inn Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia