We came to Annapolis Royal because it was close to Kejimkujik National Park, a place where we wanted to hike. We stayed there longer than expected because of this Inn and the Proprietors and Staff, as well as the town itself. In fact, I left a bit of my heart back there. This Inn is beautifully furnished in antiques but not the least bit "stuffy". The owners are meticulous about their historic inn and garden grounds and obviously love what they do. For breakfast, there are many personal touches I had not encountered anywhere else- homemade plum and blackberry jams, homemade bread, different homemade muffins each morning, and that's before you get to choose what you want for the meal! Rooms are light and airy, clean, and delight the eye. Artwork from local artists are displayed in the dining room. Engaging and friendly hosts and staff. Plus the town offers so much as well and takes pride in their British and Acadian heritage. Gardens, historic sites, and fabulous restaurants, and a German Bakery we loved, all within walking distance. You can hike and be with wild nature at Keji during the day, but relax and dine well in the evenings. The Hillsdale House Inn and the town were the highlights of our vacation trip to Nova Scotia! What more can I say? If you are in the area, I recommend you stay there. I know we will be back and stay longer than 3 nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our distinctive inn is located in historic Annapolis Royal minutes from one of the oldest European settlements in the New World, Port Royal. Built as an Inn in 1859 the Hillsdale House has catered to many famous persons, including George V of England in 1884. The Inn has a long standing tradition of providing gracious accommodations set in idyllic surroundings. Our 13 guest rooms are all individually decorated with antiques and all have private en-suite baths. The property offers an estate setting on 12 acres of land with mature trees, manicured lawns, and fine gardens. Hillsdale House Inn is just a short walk to a number of shops, restaurants and attractions, such as the Annapolis Royal Historic Gardens, Fort Anne National Historic Site and the O'Dell Museum. We are also just a short drive to the Habitation at Port Royal, a national historic site, and the shores of the Bay of Fundy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Agoda, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hillsdale House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hillsdale House Hotel Annapolis Royal
- Hillsdale House Inn Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia