“Seafood Chowder a Big Disappointment.”

Vicki's Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 30 November 2013

It was a cold blistering wet windy day and a bowl of steaming hot seafood chowder sounded like the perfect lunch time treat. So we stopped by Vicki's before we headed out of town, but to our disappointment it was unseasoned and watered down. Needless to say we won't order the chowder again; however, the fish n' chips were good!

There are newer reviews for Vicki's Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I usually order the Haddie bits. Vicki's has three locations; I prefer the one in Coldbrook. I've eaten at this location only once; the service was good as was the food.

Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

The fries never fail to deliver a sprinkling of dirt and grit. Poutine made with cheese instead of curds. Everything bland. Fries are also half a plate of those small left-over bits instead of nice big fries.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

We visited Nova Scotia for a week and spent two nights in Annapolis Royal. We stopped here one night after checking the reviews on Tripadvisor. This is a plain, local seafood restaurant. There's nothing fancy about. The place was busy, and everyone seemed to be enjoying a nice supper. We had delicious pan fried haddock, baked potato and cole slaw. Being from the south in the US, we were amused at cole slaw servings in Nova Scotia. It came in a tiny cup similiar to the little sour cream cup we use in the south and more like a serving of relish. It isn't a main side dish as we are familiar with. It did taste good, though. We had a great server, good, fast service and would certainly visit again if we could. It was nice to see a senior menu with smaller portions & prices.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

I had the pan fried haddock. Actually, I have eaten here a few times and I almost always have the pan-fried haddock, the senior portion which is smaller and less expensive than the regular size.
It is always very good.
The last time I went, they had the lobster sandwich on special so I got that. It was fantastic, loaded with lobster meat on home made bread. And it was filling - no room for dessert which was a shame because their home made pies are really good.