“Overall Great Stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dragonfly Inn
Ranked #17 of 19 Annapolis Royal B&B and Inns
“Overall Great Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

We stayed at the DragonFly Inn over the labour day weekend, rooms were very clean and the service was wonderful. We didn't realize there was a hot tub in the beautiful backyard so we didn't pack bathing suits - but we will next time we stay! Breakfast had some home made treats - the blueberry muffins were delicious, Would recommend this quaint motel in a heartbeat, we plan to return next year :)

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cape Breton Island, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

The room was clean and comfortable (keeping in mind the price you pay)
Breakfast is nothing to write home about but it's free, or rather included.

We were a little taken aback by the (probably 5 year old) in full tantrum on the front lawn as we unloaded our car but chalked it up to him being tired etc. ... but we could hear him long after the owner dragged him inside and made us feel uneasy / unwelcome.
The following morning was no better ... this time it was a smaller child screaming and running by our window dressed only in a diaper at 8:15 in the morning.... it might be just me (and we do have small children so I know this happens) but perhaps a nanny or someone to look after these children would be helpful. It might also help what seems to be a very stressed owner.

All in all... apart from the screaming children the room was fine, the food was fine and it's close to all there is to see in Annapolis.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are probably quieter....
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank SanW2009
Grand Rapids Mi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

We were guaranteed a room in the main house as a B&B but when we got there was told those rooms were not available. They did offer to make a reservation for us at another B&B but we stayed there. Wish we hadn't/

Trash under the stairs going to the second floor of the model and the rooms are not being kept up. When you walk in the room it looks beautiful but then there was mold above the tub, the sides of the tub were falling off, etc. The continental breakfast was cold cereal and toast with burned crescent rolls (she called them croissants). There was some yogurt. We didn't eat there. Looks like this was once a beautiful place but it is not being kept up.

Saw inside the kitchen. I would never eat in a kitchen that looked like that.

This is a young couple that has purchased this B&B with two young children. They just can't keep it up. Don't go there.

Room Tip: I would not recommend this motel. I have a picture of the trash under the stairs but it was taken wi...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank nzylstra
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

Upon entering the property, I felt unwelcomed. The owner did not check her reservation list from two nights prior (I made my reservation Monday for Wednesday). The owner changed up my room and told me I'd have to use the deadbolt, as the previous occupants had broken the door knob. Ok, then I got to the room, and although the beds looked very inviting I was PAINFULLY mistaken, as I would have had a much more comfortable sleep on the floor. The bathroom was illy lit, the toilet was dirty, the bathroom door did not shut, and when I went to check under the bed for my shoe... I wished I hadn't. The floor was obviously not swept in a very very long time.

Parking is very akward, had there been one more car in the side lot I don't think I would have been able to get out. I had to watch for the owners 18 month old when leaving and her dogs, as they would just be running around the property ( even between 730-8, when I had sprung out of bed thinking my three year old was screaming, but.. instead it was just our morning wake up call from the owners child). The room had a 13" tv that was completely impossible for our family of 5 to all watch at once. When I returned to my room with a room temperature coffee, it literally took me 2 mins and 15 seconds to warm, yes warm it not make it hot.

When my spouse went to check out the owners dog barked, and when he commented the owner snapped at him saying a) you're in my kitchen b) he's blind. Perhaps a bit of people skills is too much to ask for, or maybe a proper place for guests to check in / check out. I won't be returning .

• Stayed July 2012
9 Thank hiccups1230
drgnflyinn, Owner at Dragonfly Inn, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
I'm sorry, I'm finding this review a bit hard to swallow......Your husband walked into my private kitchen, my blind dog barked at him and my apologies for it have offended you some how? I've never been disagreeable at anyone because my dog behavior at them, in fact I apologies! As for the coffee the Thermos keeps it hot at lease for 8 hour and the time frame for the studio where the coffee is 3 to 4 hour max ( if you go after hours). I noticed the home baked blueberry muffins didn't make the review or the tastefully redecoration of your room. All in all, I'm sorry for any inconveniences or offences that might have been perceived on your part.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

Had 3 nights here late June 2012. In a ground floor refurbished room. For me it was a Motel which is what I was looking for at a reasonable price with parking nearby. Recommended to me by the tourist bureau by the dam. Great large bathroom and lots of towels. Large comfy bed with nice sheets. Jenna gave me bowls, cups etc for my snacks. If you want the large old mansion b&bs and total quiet this may not be for you. Value for money and friendly Canadian people. Everything was clean and tidy. Yes this is a friendly Canadian home with chilrden and their toys.
Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a refurbished room? Ground floor?
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Lincolnshire, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

We arrived late in the day expecting to find a welcoming room. Although the room was reasonably clean, sheets and towels clean. The owners have only been there 18 months so I am sure trying their best to get the place modernised,
They do have a young family with toys about but nothing to worry about, children have to have to play.
Beware if you want breakfast. Check first, because we were their during June and don't serve breakfast. Yet, its listed as a BED and BREAKFAST accommodation. Not bed only.
If we go back to Annapolis i will look for something else.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brownie101
, Public Relations Manager at Dragonfly Inn, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
We at the Dragon Fly Inn are truly sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your stay at our Inn.
While we are doing our best to renovate and redo each room, unfortunately the room that you booked was not one of the newly redone ones.
Although we do have a Bed and Breakfast section we also have a Motel section. Which was, in fact, where you reserved.
When booking online in the future I might suggest calling ahead to make sure of the details as booking online yourself can sometimes be confusing.
Our motel guests are provided with a continental breakfast during high season, which for reference, dates from the July 1st to September 17th inclusively.

Thank you, please have a pleasant summer.
Yarmouth, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2011

Honestly, Wes created the best food I have eaten in a B&B anywhere! We had gone to Annapolis for a romantic weekend and found the location perfect for walking jaunts to the boardwalk, Fort Anne and the shops downtown. It is a short drive to Port Royal and Melanson Settlement, as well as other towns in the Annapolis Valley. If there was any downside, it was that the pillows were terribly hard, but that goes to personal taste. Jenna and Wes have a lovely family, and although there are many gorgeous properties turned B&B in and around Annapolis, the price is right, the house gorgeous and the breakfast alone makes this THE destination for foodie travelers. They are laid-back hosts and not stuffy at all, which made our stay all the more comfortable.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to waking up easily to light, the Loft, with the skylight, might not be the bes...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple