“grateful for the experience!”

and 1 more site!
Bailey House Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 16 May 2012

My mother and i had a wonderful stay at the Bailey House. We stayed in the coach house in the back of the garden and were able to fully relax in the private and thoughtfully designed space. The upstairs room had wonderful light, the bed was dreamy and there was a comfortable seating area at the far end of the room. The bathroom is incredibly generous with a deep soaking tub and a separate shower area with a massive rain shower head. There was much attention to all details, from lush towels, fragrant bath products, wooded window blinds, to Q-tips.
I deeply appreciated Suzan's care, warmth and intelligence. I felt well taken care of, the food was exceptional, the gardens beautiful, and the seaside setting spectacular.
A deep bow to Suzan for providing such a beautiful refuge and service.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 April 2012

We loved staying in Annapolis Royal for three nights at The Bailey House, the finest of Bed & Breakfast establishments. Ideally located along the waterfront, The Bailey House had beautifully appointed rooms that were immaculately kept and the hostess served delicious breakfasts.

We enkoyed staying in the coach house that featured two bedrooms, one bathroom and two small seating areas.

Don't miss out on this fantastic B & B experience in amazing Annapolis Royal!

Check out our travel blog titled Trailing Around Nova Scotia's North Shore at http://www.travelblog.org/North-America/Canada/Nova-Scotia/Annapolis-Valley/blog-498935.html for lots of tips on how to spend your vacation time in the Annapolis Valley!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank VancouverMukluk
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I was part of the contingent of women blacksmiths in town to celebrate International Women's Day this past March. The stay at Bailey House was a blast and when my wife joined me for the second evening, Suzan's gracious hospitality made us both feel right at home. The antique house has been carefully restored - with the exception of the most excellent modern bathrooms. no chamberpots here. Beds were more than comfortable. The house was furnished with a mix of period pieces and modern artwork. It was fun to explore the public areas inside and the gardens outside. Breakfast was fabulous and my favorite part of the stay was the lively conversation around the table. I will recommend this place to friends and acquaintances from out of town who wish to explore the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Bailey House in order to be in Annapolis for a Women's Day celebration in March 2012. This home is not only an extremely luxurious, perfectly up kept and beautiful space, it is also one of the oldest historic homes in Annapolis. Located right on the water, the view is spectacular and it is ridiculously convenient to restaurants, theatre and the downtown. Suzan is very accommodating and interesting and outdoes herself with a breakfast for kings where you can dine with other house guests, this was one of the highlights of our stay. It was a particularly nice aspect that all the members of our group could stay at the same place and bond over breakfast and in the common spaces. Thank you Suzan!

Room Tip: We were in one of the larger rooms on the front, which are still quiet but have a great view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Bailey House looks and feels like a home from a few centuries earlier, but it functions like a large, modern house. Walking through the doors and the house or dining by the huge, old fireplace feels like one has stepped back in time. Yet standing under the generous, hot shower in a brand-new bathroom feels completely 21rst century. Comfort and grace are created throughout the home by owner/operator Suzan Hebditch with tasteful decorating and hospitable touches.

Breakfasts are delicious, hearty meals served hot and accompanied by fresh fruit and baking, homemade salsas, jams, and condiments. Fueled for the day, I was never hungry by my usual lunch time. Place settings and dishes change delightfully for each meal.

I stayed in the Elizabeth Marm room at the front of the house, overlooking the Annapolis Basin. Within a larger space, the room's seating area was comfortable for reading or using the internet. The high, pencil-poster bed had beautiful linens, a poufy comforter, and lots of pillows. I slept dreamily.

Each day I had business to attend to, but I could have gladly stayed in on those snowy days, enjoying my room or the common spaces. The possibility of a winter or spring weekend of complete relaxation make a good reason to return. Or maybe the summer, so I could enjoy the garden too. Elinor K.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My husband and I decided to have a relaxing weekend away at the Bailey House, and Suzan was kind enough to let us bring our teddy bear along also. The Coach house was nothing short of wonderful, more than we expected!
The place was spotless and so well put together it felt like home. We explored the town that evening walking out and about with our bear, enjoying all the beauty. We ate at a great Bistro then retired with a glass of wine and conversation.
The beds are great and gave a well needed nights rest. The next day we spend the day shopping at the leather store and farmers market and had a hiking trip to Keji National Park. Unfortunately our visit was cut short because of an Ice and snow storm, and Suzan was more than understanding of our wanting to get home before it got really bad. She is a great lady and her love of the Bed and Breakfast truely shows in everything she does. We'll definitely be back. A gem in the little town of Annapolis Royal.

Room Tip: If you are looking to have entertainment , other than the person you are travelling with, I suggest...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2012

My wife and I had the opportunity to stay at the Baily House last spring, and could not have had a more relaxing time. We had received a gift certificate as a wedding present from a relative who had a similar experience at the Baily House, and are glad we did.

Not much was open in town as it was Easter sunday, so we stayed in and just took advantage of our beautifully furnished room, the Coach House. It had everything we needed to truly relax, from a selection of new magazines, to a claw foot tub with heated floor in the bathroom.

We will be back, and will also be buying a gift certificate as a gift to pass along the experience!

• Stayed: April 2011