“Take a pass on this one”

Charlie's Place Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Halifax
“Take a pass on this one”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

If you`re terribly hungry, go somewhere else. The food was not good and not fresh. On top of the bad food, they tried to overcharge us for the meal.

• Visited August 2014

Halifax
“Diamond in the rough”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Stopped in here after a day at the Amusement Park with 5 hungry kids and we were pleasantly surprised. The service was awesome and then the food arrived. Portions were huge and the home made egg rolls were the best egg rolls I have ever had in my life. The orange beef and chicken were fresh and the batter light and fluffy. My kids devoured everything on their plates and we still ate for less than $60.
Will stop here again and again.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank BigTunk
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
“long way to go for substandard food”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

My friend and I made a special trip to sample the fare at Charlies place. When we entered the dining area , not too bad the tables were clean and the seats comfortable. We had to wait between 15 - 20 minuits to get a menu then another 15 minuts to have our order taken . We then waited again for 20 minits to get our orders. Our orders were mostly unpleasant my friend had chinese food and the eggroll was burnt the sweat and sour chicken was chicken was microwaved chicken strips with a little sweet and sour sauce on it .
I had scallops and chips , the scallops were almost cold on the outside and I burnt my mouth on the centres which to me indicates they were warmed up in a micro wave.we were planning a trip from Windsor NS. to Charlies Place for lunch with 12 - 15 seniors but after sampling their food today we are looking for another place to eat.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Mike G
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Best Chinese I ever had”
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I was at the New Charlies Place and thought the food was great, I have a problem with sodium and was so pleased that I could actually eat and not swell.It is obvious there are new owners and the service was fantastic, we will definitely return. The food came quickly, very fresh, tasty and the server was a delight. Will recommend to all my friends to visit Charlie's when in the Annapolis area. Prices are very reasonable and portions are large.

• Visited September 2012
Antigonish, Canada
“Great value for money”
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We had the 2B combo for 2 people. Home made egg rolls, good wong tong soup followed by sweet & sour chicken( lightly battered), chicken fried rice and beef & broccoli. This was supposed to be for 2 people but it will easily serve 3-4 people. All for $29.95+tax

• Visited August 2012